JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2 trillion and operations in more than 60 countries. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers, small business and commercial banking, financial transaction processing, asset management, and private equity.
CCB Risk Chase Consumer & Community Banking serves nearly 66 million consumers and 4 million small businesses with a broad range of financial services through our 137,000 employees. Consumer & Community Banking Risk Management partners with each CCB sub-line of business to identify, assess, prioritize and remediate risk. Our Risk Management professionals work directly with Consumer Banking, Business Banking, Auto/Student Loan, Card and Commerce Services, Chase Wealth Management and Mortgage Banking to minimize, monitor and control the probability of risk events and mitigate the impact of risk events that do occur.
The Senior Risk Quant C++ Developer-VP will be a lead hands-on technical member of the CCB Risk Model Implementation team within the Consumer and Community Banking (CCB) Risk Architecture organization. The candidate must exhibit a thorough understanding of data structures, data manipulation, distributed processing, application development, and automation. The candidate must have a solid understanding of consumer financial products, data systems and data environments, and processes that are necessary for the production of regulatory capital models.
The candidate must have the ability to partner with stakeholders inside and outside of the department to understand their needs and design and develop robust automated solutions that meet and/or exceed customer expectations. The ideal candidate will possess strong technical skills and an understanding of data systems, ready to be responsible for implementation of the end-to-end processing.
Responsibilities include the following:
· Developing, testing, and maintaining data and analytics needed for regulatory capital models
· Process analysis and process improvement
· Creating and maintaining technical documentation
· Contribute to the group’s knowledge base by proposing new and valuable ways to approach problems and projects
· Oversee and direct the technical activities of junior colleagues.
Graduate degree in computer science or a numerate subject (e.g. engineering, sciences, or mathematics)
Minimum: Master’s degree with eight years of experience, or a Ph.D. and three years of experience.
Essential skills, experience, and qualifications:
· 3-10 years of solid application development experience
· Exceptional C++ development skills. 3-10 years experience designing and developing in C++ on Unix based platforms.
· 3-10 years experience with Unix shell scripting
· 3-10 years experience with SQL
· Excellent oral and written communication skills
· Deliver high-quality results under tight deadlines
· Experience manipulating and summarizing large quantities of data
· Successful achievement in a team environment
Desirable skills, experience, and qualifications:
· Experience with version control tools and processes (Subversion, CVS, Clear Case etc.)
· Programming experience in multiple languages, especially C++, Python, R.
· Knowledge of the consumer lending lifecycle, including loan origination, sale/servicing, default management/loss mitigation
Please note that J.P. Morgan will not accept unsolicited approaches or speculative CVs, nor will J.P. Morgan be responsible for any related fees, from Third Party Firms who are not preferred suppliers.
The firm invites all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities.
If you are a US or Canadian applicant with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, please contact us by calling (US and Canada Only) 1-866-777-4690. Please indicate the specifics of the assistance needed.