JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.6 trillion and operations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small business, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Information about JPMorgan Chase & Co. is available at http://www.jpmorganchase.com/.
About J.P. Morgan Corporate & Investment Bank
J.P. Morgan's Corporate & Investment Bank (CIB) is a global leader across banking, markets and investor services. The world's most important corporations, governments, and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. With $18 trillion of assets under custody and $393 billion in deposits, the Corporate & Investment Bank provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk, and extends liquidity in markets around the world. If you're interested in working in an environment where leadership, excellence, integrity, and diversity are among our core principles, explore the opportunities at J.P. Morgan Chase.
Asset Pricing & Reference Data is an operating unit center of excellence providing a global asset pricing service to J.P. Morgan's Corporate & Investment Bank. The Americas team for asset pricing services departments and clients across multiple regions including WHEM, EMEA, and APAC.
We are seeking a highly motivated individual to join the Asset Pricing & Reference Data operating unit supporting Hedge Fund Services Pricing. This high energy team is responsible for providing our hedge fund customers with daily pricing for a wide range of asset types, including public debt, exchange traded securities, private holdings, and OTC derivative instruments. You will be joining a team of professionals with extensive and varied experience, and will interact with clients, pricing service vendors, auditors, accountants, and other operations and technical professionals. As you grow into the role, your feedback will be vital in serving the needs of clients and ensuring daily tasks and project assignments remain on track as we progress to becoming the industry leader in hedge fund administration. This is an exciting opportunity for an individual with solid experience and understanding of security pricing.
- Timely receipt and processing of incoming pricing feeds and receipt of prices from Fund Managers and Fund Administrators
- Exception-based validation of price movement at asset relevant tolerance levels
- Provide Subject Matter Expert support to downstream teams and clients.
- Liaise with pricing vendors and brokers to resolve issues and minimize risk.
- Consultative value-added engagement with clients to accommodate any price challenges
- Providing valuation to Fund Accounting as per the client NAV calendar
- Performing portfolio price independence or price verification confirmation as in line with Pricing Policy.
- Bespoke valuation services for unlisted exotic security types
- Supporting the Hedge Fund client base with bespoke variations to the core Pricing Policy
- Assisting with the independent review of Fund Manager driven pricing
These points have been carefully considered as being essential for the role. Your background must accurately reflect all of these for your application to be considered.
- Intelligent individual who has interest in the markets and is well versed in how securities function and what affects their price movements
- Knowledge of industry activities, particularly corporate actions, index tracking, stock markets, and derivatives valuations.
- Experience working with pricing vendors/vendor applications; solid working knowledge of the Bloomberg terminal
- Bachelor degree with preference in Finance, Accounting, or Economics
- Minimum 1 year of securities pricing experience required, including exposure to debt, listed instruments and OTC derivatives.
- Demonstrate experience with and knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Strong analytical/problem solving skills and attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills demonstrating customer focus and an ability to effectively communicate within a team environment and interact across departments
- Strong time-management skills and ability to work under pressure with multiple deadlines and a sense of urgency
- Self motivated and proactive with the proven ability to work accurately
The Asset Pricing team primarily covers the hours of 08:00 to 18:00. The role holder will be required to operate flexible working hours to cover early starts and/or late finishes as demanded by the business.
JPMorgan Chase offers an exceptional benefits program and a highly competitive compensation package.