The Web Services Developer is responsible for all aspects of business logic and delivery to the presentation layer - including all project related middle tier technologies. The role requires someone with a solid understanding of web services coding concepts and paradigms as well as the ability/desire to quickly learn new technologies and implement them into production ready deliverables. Passion for bleeding edge technology is a must, as is the willingness to explore and propose interesting solutions to client business problems.
· Responsible for executing clean and progressively enhanced code for complex designs that reflect the architectural direction provided within the established technical framework.
· Able to approach development with modularity in mind to accommodate shifting priorities and the challenges associated with rapid prototyping and Agile methodologies.
· Willing to take the initiative to research and learn emerging technologies that may improve the quality, success, and performance of deliverables.
· Participate in project planning, write detailed level technical and functional specifications documentation.
· Works well as a team member within technology and other disciplines (creative, delivery management, etc.) on large projects.
· 5+ years of experience coding in an Enterprise Java environment.
· 3+ years of experience with Web Services, including SOAP and/or REST services using Spring, Hibernate, and/or Jersey frameworks.
· 3+ years of experience with web application server configuration, including Websphere, Tomcat, or Apache IIS.
· 3+ years of experience with relational databases, including Oracle, Sybase, or SQLServer.
· A solid grasp of OO principles and design patterns.
· Experience using testing strategies such as TDD, including knowledge of JUnit and Mockito.
· Experience using continuous integration tools, including Maven and Jenkins.
· Experience managing assignments effectively, multi-tasking, and working within tight deadlines.
· Strong client-service orientation and experience working in a fast paced setting.
Please note that J.P. Morgan will not accept unsolicited approaches or speculative CVs, nor will J.P. Morgan be responsible for any related fees, from Third Party Firms who are not preferred suppliers.
The firm invites all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities.
If you are a US or Canadian applicant with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, please contact us by calling (US and Canada Only) 1-866-777-4690. Please indicate the specifics of the assistance needed.