Global Compliance / Central Policy Office Policy Manager - Associate
JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2 trillion and operations in more than 60 countries. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers, small business and commercial banking, financial transaction processing, asset management, and private equity.
Global Compliance Practices
Global Compliance Practices plays a critical role in the successful execution of the firm's compliance mission. The Compliance function ensures the development and maintenance of a strong compliance culture by developing and maintaining program infrastructure that identifies, measures and monitors compliance with applicable laws, regulations and rules that govern our business globally. Compliance teams work closely with business, legal, risk, and audit functions to provide expertise on regulatory compliance matters, assess and measure compliance and related risks, and monitor and test the adequacy of the firm's compliance control environment.
Policy management is an area of importance in the firm and in the industry. The Global Compliance Policy Group (GCPG) and the Central Policy Office (CPO) in Global Compliance Practices are critical in advancing the firm’s policy agenda. The CPO is responsible for ensuring adherence to firmwide policy standards, overseeing policy governance and developing firmwide technology to support the policy management process, including maintaining a single repository for policies (the Firmwide Policy Portal). GCPG manages the policy lifecycle for Compliance policies to promote adherence to the firm’s policy governance framework and template developed and maintained by the CPO. It provides active and direct leadership in development, drafting, review, socialization and approval of Compliance policies.
The Global Compliance / Central Policy Office Policy Manager is responsible for overseeing the review and rationalization of the Compliance policy inventory, tracking policy metrics, establishing and enhancing policy reporting and supporting other strategic initiatives as they arise.
- Work with policy owners and authors through the policy lifecycle (i.e., development, review, amendment, approval, retirement) to promote adherence to the established policy template and policy governance process
- Help ascertain policy needs and determine appropriate documentation (e.g., policy, procedure, guidance)
- Facilitate determination, assignment and reassignment of policy ownership as required
- Serve as primary author/editor (not subject matter expert) for policies to ensure consistency of both content and “look and feel”
- Review policies for consistency with related policies and oversee and rationalize policy inventory across LOBs / Functions
- Drive assessment of policy content against Legal Obligations
- Assist policy owners in identifying key stakeholders and completing the policy approval process
- Contribute to or lead policy training initiatives, new technology roll-out and other group initiatives as they arise
- Contribute to or lead strategic initiatives
Minimum 5 years experience in Compliance, Risk or Audit activities, preferably within the financial services industry
Bachelor or higher degree in finance, accounting, computer science, or a related discipline
Past experience working with business and technology partners on designing and delivering enhanced technology solutions
Professional maturity and confidence in expressing a point of view with senior management
Demonstrated ability to partner effectively across different businesses and functional areas
Strong project management skills
Strong control mindset
Strong oral and written communication skills
Strong process and business analysis skills
Strong Excel, Word and Power Point skills as well as ability to become a subject-matter expert in new authoring and workflow technology and portal management