CIB Banking – Marketing – Global Investment Banking Marketing Manager – Vice President – London or New York
J.P. Morgan’s Corporate & Investment Bank (CIB) is a global leader across Banking, Markets & Investor Services. The world’s most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. The CIB provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk and extends liquidity in markets around the world.
The Banking division is comprised of Investment Banking, Corporate Banking and Treasury Services. Investment Banking supports a broad range of corporations, institutions and governments by providing strategic advice, capital raising and risk management expertise through its Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Debt Capital Markets and Equity Capital Markets businesses.
The person in this role will be responsible primarily for developing thought leadership across Investment Banking globally, with a key focus on M&A. The successful candidate will report into the Global Head of Investment Banking, Investor Services and CIB EMEA Marketing.
The role involves supporting the delivery of a marketing plan to further promote the J.P. Morgan brand and our Investment Banking offering amongst CEO and CFO clients in particular, so that the firm increases its share of wallet with existing clients and wins new business. The main focus of the role is on developing and writing thought leadership, some of which will be related to themes discussed at client events. The position will also entail some work on positioning, messaging, marketing material development, digital marketing, direct mail, research and internal communications. In doing this, the role holder needs to work closely with CIB Marketing & Communications and Strategic Events team members and develop strong working partnerships across all regions.
• Primary liaison with product and client coverage teams to plan and develop thought leadership and certain other marketing initiatives
• Supporting the production of thought leadership (e.g., working with design and print partners)
• Supporting the dissemination of thought leadership (e.g., internal briefing planning, distribution, talking points, presentations on a theme)
• Engaging in relevant competitor analysis and market research activities to create thoughtful content
• Supporting the definition and delivery of client-facing marketing materials (e.g. brochures, videos), including developing content ideas and copy or scripts
• Working with an extended global team of colleagues within the CIB and other areas of the firm to ensure effective co-ordination of sector, local, regional and global activity
• Coordinating with other areas of the firm, e.g., Treasury Services and Corporate Banking, to leverage marketing opportunities for Investment Banking
• Working with agencies and internal partners to ensure projects are delivered on time and on budget
• Measurement of activity impact, including preparing presentations of findings to senior management
• Work with Legal and Compliance to ensure relevant approvals are in place for all activity
• Other projects and activity as business needs dictate, e.g., writing internal communications, such as intranet articles
• Excellent written communication skills, including copywriting, editing and proofing
• Proven track record in two to three marketing, communications or journalism roles in which content ideas generation and writing have been key areas of work, ideally in complex, global organizations. Journalism experience would be a plus.
• Strong knowledge of financial services, including familiarity with Investment Banking products and issuer-type clients
• Proven organizational skills under pressure
• Superb oral communication, telephone communication and persuasion skills
• Strong project management experience, including the ability to manage multiple and varied assignments concurrently
• Experience in planning and executing marketing, communications or editorial campaigns
• Strong analytical skills
• The ability to collaborate with marketing, media relations and internal communications and business colleagues globally, maintaining a network of contacts across the firm
• Self-starter, professional, focused and reliable
Please note that J.P. Morgan will not accept unsolicited approaches or speculative CVs, nor will J.P. Morgan be responsible for any related fees, from Third Party Firms who are not preferred suppliers.
The firm invites all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities.
If you are a US or Canadian applicant with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, please contact us by calling (US and Canada Only) 1-866-777-4690. Please indicate the specifics of the assistance needed.