ICS SAN Engineering is responsible for producing and maintaining the SAN builds and life cycles, core standards and associated technologies used throughout the bank. This includes EMC VNX/VMAX, IBM XIV, Cisco, and Brocade platforms to name a few. Security, Stability, Automation and Innovation are key common themes for all our offerings. We also provide consultancy and support to our various support teams, architects and installed user base.
We are looking for a self motivated individual to join the existing team to act initially as a sustaining engineer. You will be responsible for maintaining the existing builds, new maintenance releases, reviewing security, certification of new hardware models and firmware, product certifications and provide consultancy. Opportunity exists to enhance, automate and add innovation to any of our existing solutions and services. You must have a good working knowledge of SAN, have strong SA skills and experience with large scale enterprise environments. If you have passion for SAN and Storage technologies, analyzing and writing code, diagnosing problems, supporting and providing services to the SAN community and have a good appreciation for customer concerns and urgencies, you’ll be a good fit!
We are an experienced team whose perspective is both service focussed for GTI ICS and customer focused. We are keen for you to onboard quickly and pickup our processes and procedures and also for you to bring you own ideas and knowledge into the team. You will have the opportunity to progress your skills and responsibilities within team.
• Certification of new code releases to support existing products used within the SAN Infrastructure.
• Provide support to L2 and L3 teams to assist with production impacting code bugs.
• Assist maintenance teams with any pre/post upgrade questions and issues.
• Learn our process and procedures including release management.
• Maintain SAN Builds, including certification of updates, security and maintenance releases
• Manage and prioritise with other team members support and enhancement requests
• Maintain good documentation on our customer facing Sharepoint / Wiki sites
• Collaborate with Cisco / Brocade / EMC / IBM Engineering and Support teams to resolve issues.
• Respond to Cyber related events and requests.
• Maintain and document core standards and procedures
• Propose new concepts/solutions or research projects to team and ICS engineering teams
• Collaborate with other teams to delivery solutions or services.
• Attend one or two training classes and year to further enhance your skills and knowledge
• Broad but technical “hands on” build knowledge covering SAN (switching and storage) with EMC/IBM/Cisco/Brocade technology
• Experience working with hardware and software in a large, complex storage environment, including configuration of new environments (Unisphere / Cisco DCNM / Brocade BNA / Virtual Instruments)
• Tuning and troubleshooting of existing SAN environments to improve efficiency.
• Experience testing code/sw/hw products for quality control of rollout on production equipment for fix issues • Strong SAN / NAS and Networking skills.
• Excellent at MS Office products, mainly MS Excel and MS Word.
• Ability to produce detailed Low Level architecture documentation for design/process/procedure/wiki items.
• Ability to work under pressure to tight deadlines.
• Creative thinker, generates ideas to drive forward the agenda.
• Ability to interact at all levels / Flexible.
• Proficiency in Bash, Python, PERL, Shell Scripting, PowerShell and vendor APIs.
• Good understanding of Red Hat Enterprise Linux, Windows & VMware.
• Ability to work and communicate well with a global engineering team, support and customer base.
• Good understanding of Configuration Management.
• Good analytical and problem solving skills.
• Virtual Instruments
• EMC VIPR SRM
• EMC ViPR Controller
• Automation scripting of operational tasks (health checks)
• Configuration management using CFENGINE
JPMorgan Chase is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer M/F/Disability/Veteran.
Please note that J.P. Morgan will not accept unsolicited approaches or speculative CVs, nor will J.P. Morgan be responsible for any related fees, from Third Party Firms who are not preferred suppliers.
The firm invites all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities.
If you are a US or Canadian applicant with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, please contact us by calling (US and Canada Only) 1-866-777-4690. Please indicate the specifics of the assistance needed.