JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2 trillion and operations in
more than 60 countries. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers, small business and
commercial banking, financial transaction processing, asset management, and private equity.
Global Technology Infrastructure Service Delivery (GTI) is the technology infrastructure organization for JPMorgan Chase,
partnering with all lines of business to deliver a wide range of high-quality products and services. We provide exceptional
project execution and financially disciplined approaches and processes in the most cost-effective manner by following
three strategic objectives:
Stability and Security – Deliver a controlled, stable, resilient and secure operating environment
People – Develop and manage our people to build a high-performing, delivery-focused team
Delivery – Deliver business value through technology while improving efficiency and productivity
Subgroups within GTI
The Business Aligned technology - Middleware Solutions(MS) team provides a wide range of services in areas including
Web, Messaging and Scheduling. The team goal is to provide strategic and integrated solutions on products usage, life cycle management, environment
support, and vendor engagement through standardization and best practices. The MS team will work in close partnership with AD, Shared Services as
well as the greater GTI organization (PMs, Architecture, SA/DBAs). In addition to engineering the MS team provide support of the products across the
cross line of businesses and technical resource for investment projects, e.g.installation of 3rdparty Software, upgrades of 3rd party software,
platform and datacentre migrations, etc.
This highly technical and challenging position within GTI Middleware. The functions described below encompass both
engineering and support activities.
- Engineering: Definition of standard product builds
- Automation of standard build patterns
- Product Lifecycle management and Proof of Concept Reviews
- Substantiating Product choice based on deep product understanding
- Incident Resolution & User Support:
- Receives requests from stakeholders using appropriate processes, procedures and technology
- Identify, diagnose and resolve product issues through research and analysis of trends and root causes
- Assists in the translation of technical requirements into solutions
- Develops and utilizes appropriate tools to perform work
- Track incidents and identify repeating or duplicate issues with a view to permanently eliminating them.
- Environment support, maintenance and upgrades
- Proactive infrastructure and application monitoring definition using third-party tools
- Development of tools to support the infrastructure/product
- Support DR events in which 3rd Party products are used Investment:
- Work with Project Managers on a variety of project types: design of app infrastructure architecture and
deployment,3rdParty Controls projects, 3rdParty product upgrades.
- Build and deployment of new Development, UAT and Production environments.
- Work with Strategy team on future platform and infrastructure direction.
- Establish strong technical working relationships with the wider CIB and PIM teams e.g.SA and DBA support colleagues in
- CIB Testing Functions, Project Managers, Application Development teams, Relevant non-CPS teams,
e.g.SCM(Clearcase team), Systems Security.
- Middleware Engineering experience with Informatica PowerCenter
- Have excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Have excellent technical skills and be able to develop new skills quickly
- Have a strong background in middleware product support and deployment
- Be self-motivated and a good self-starter
- Be able to manage their own time such that they can deliver to project milestones
Essential Technical Skills:
- Informatica PowerCenter Administration
- Unix - Solaris/Linux
- Oracle (to at least a basic level)
- Degree (or equivalent) in an IT-related discipline
Additional Technical skills that will benefit:
- Pentaho Data Integration
- Big Data (Hadoop/Cassandra/Cloudera/Mongo DB)
- Sybase (to at least a basic level)
- May require rotated weekend support
Please note that J.P. Morgan will not accept unsolicited approaches or speculative CVs, nor will J.P. Morgan be responsible for any related fees, from Third Party Firms who are not preferred suppliers.
The firm invites all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities.
If you are a US or Canadian applicant with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, please contact us by calling (US and Canada Only) 1-866-777-4690. Please indicate the specifics of the assistance needed.