About J.P. Morgan
J.P. Morgan is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.1 trillion and operations in more than 60 countries. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers, small business and commercial banking, financial transaction processing, asset management and private equity. If you are interested in working in an environment where leadership, excellence, initiative and diversity are amongst our core values, then we welcome you to explore the opportunities at JPMorgan. Information about J.P. Morgan is available at www.jpmorganchase.com.
About J.P. Morgan & Investment Bank
J.P. Morgan’s Corporate & Investment Bank (C&IB) is a global leader across banking, markets and investor services. The world’s most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. With $18 trillion of assets under custody and $393 billion in deposits, the Corporate & Investment Bank provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk and extends liquidity in markets around the world.
Custody and Fund Services
Custody and Fund Services, a division of J.P. Morgan Chase Bank, N.A.’s Investor Services business, is a global industry leader with $18 trillion in assets under custody. J.P. Morgan provides innovative custody, fund accounting and administration and securities services to the world’s largest institutional investors, alternative asset managers and debt and equity issuers. J.P. Morgan’s Custody and Fund Services business is comprised of Custody, Accounting, Transfer Agency, Middle Office outsourcing, Foreign Exchange, and other activities related to servicing assets for traditional and alternative funds; it leverages its scale and capabilities in more than 100 markets to help clients optimize efficiency, mitigate risk and enhance revenue through a broad range of investor services as well as securities clearance, collateral management and alternative investment services.
The Tax product management role will form part of the product management function focusing on the management and control of the Global Custody business with the specific aim, along with the Business leads, Product Control function and the Client teams to run the Global Custody business end to end. This team have responsibility for the definition, ownership and growth of core product related matters within Global Custody across the end to end functional disciplines: Markets Coverage, Positions and Settlements, Asset Servicing, Global Custody Tax and Channel Management. A core component of the team’s responsibilities will be to create a close link with the Product Development team to set priorities and execute on BAU, tactical and strategic development plans.
• Set and own the strategic development plan for the Global Custody Tax offering (Product Roadmap including SCPP).
• Maintain Tax product definition and understand what is the product, how is it delivered, who are the clients and how is revenue realized. Consideration to be given, inter alia to capabilities across asset classes, market coverage, time zones, account structures, documentation requirements and legal framework.
• Promote and ensure a globally consistent to all Tax product aspects: legal & risk framework, service model, reporting and required account structures.
• Perform ongoing competitive analysis and benchmarking to influence strategy.
• Collaboration with the Business Control and Client Solutions team to assess the impact of Market & Regulatory developments on the Global Custody Tax product offering.
• Analyse product impacts, opportunities & threats of external and internal changes i.e. infrastructure changes (T2S) from a tax perspective.
• Raise industry profile and contribute to market advocacy and thought leadership initiatives.
• Produce and obtain approval for business cases and New Business Initiative Approval (NBIA) process.
• BAU support for Global Custody Tax issues and client requests.
• Product Leadership and centre of excellence on Global Custody Tax product knowledge and issues - provide direction and guidance to business partners.
• Oversight of the Corporate & CTS Tax Utilities - engagement and direction.
• Develop and define the Global Custody Tax product delivery framework and establish the SLAs and metrics to measure and manage key business partners and suppliers.
• Implement supplier cost management i.e. transparency and control over direct and indirect expenses (Scope to be defined)
• Governance and quality assurance of Global Custody Tax solutions /operating models developed against a global standard and product book
• Help set Global Custody Tax priority across each stakeholders and ensure this ties with the product strategy
Comprehensive knowledge of Taxation and the impact upon a Global Custodian
• Demonstrated ability to think strategically with respect to product strategy and development agenda
• Proven expertise in developing, prioritising and delivering business cases and NBIA approvals
• Strong presentation skills and previous client facing experience
• Ability to work independently and also effectively in a matrix organisation
• Experience in managing and influencing key business partners for the delivery of the services
• Excellent communication, influencing and negotiation skills with the ability to establish and communicate the Global Custody Tax strategy.
• Strong organisational and planning skills and a track record of delivery
• Strong understanding of commercial aspects of the custody business
JPMorgan offers an exceptional benefits program and a highly competitive compensation package.
JPMorgan is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.