This position is responsible for resolving escalated customer issues and answering inquiries that are received from internal partners (Help Line, Executive Office) and customers, in a timely, efficient, accurate and professional manner. Issues received can include prime and nonprime mortgage loans, home equity loans and lines of credits. This job also includes receiving and placing calls to customers, which may vary on the product being supported. CLOSR, MPX, MSP, VLS, WebER, CCW, IFS are the primary systems used to research and resolve issues. To perform this work, the specialists use reference materials, such as job aids, quality checklists, templates, and procedures.
Chase is one of the largest U.S. providers of banking, lending, treasury, wealth management and investment services. Chase serves 50 million customers, including consumers, small businesses, mid-size companies, corporations, financial institutions, nonprofits and governments. Chase’s Mortgage Banking business services 7 million mortgages representing a combined balance of $1 trillion. In addition, Chase was the highest ranked large bank in mortgage originations and showed the greatest improvement of the top 15 servicers in the most recent J.D. Power and Associates customer satisfaction surveys.
Adheres to Deadlines: Creates and maintains an environment which establishes, communicates and ensures adherence to clear deadlines intended to ensure that work (i.e. document reviews, perfected loan documents/files, loan mod decisions) is processed with the required timeliness.
Savvy Communications: Maintains constant and consistent flow of communication with team members and managers; is able to articulate thoughts crisply but with the appropriate level of detail and accuracy depending on the audience; communicates with empathy where appropriate.
Escalates Information: Effectively recognizes important information and is able to escalate high-risk issues to others clearly and in a timely fashion.
Customer Service Excellence: Inspires customer confidence through business knowledge and reliability; initiates and follows through with urgency to deliver solutions; anticipates customer needs with active listening and critical thinking; communicates directly yet with the appropriate level of empathy.
Maintain Composure Under Stress: defined by behaviors such as working productively in difficult or stressful situations such as heavy work loads; remaining composed during difficult or uncomfortable interactions with others or when faced with stressful situations; adapting quickly when situational constraints require a change; overcoming obstacles and challenges; displaying certainty in one's ability to make decisions and perform job tasks.
High standards: defined by behaviors such as setting high standards; holding direct reports and peers accountable; operating with a sense of urgency; integrity; expectations for customer experience.
Treat people with respect: defined by behaviors such as being direct and straightforward; actively listening to and understanding the needs and ideas of others; ability to work with people of differing backgrounds and styles; supporting individual career goals.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- The Escalation Research Specialist will investigate, resolve and respond to Internal and External Customer complaints and inquiries received via correspondence (mail or email) or Customer Care Workbench routes. The steps to resolution are dependant on the type of complaint which include late charge or fee disputes, payment arrangement disputes, deferment or extension disputes, reinstatement or property disputes. Specialist use many Mortgage Banking systems to research and resolve issues.
- The Escalation Research Specialist will respond to CSAT surveys, perform internal audits, and root cause analysis to determine actual cause of issues.
- Appropriately interprets company policies and procedures and when necessary sufficiently integrates the information into the response to customers. Provides necessary information to the customer or Escalation Representative for problem resolution, clearly explaining procedures and dealing with difficult customer interactions by focusing on problem resolution.
- Exercises effective time management to creatively resolve issues, exceed most key volume standards, SLA’s and deadlines without compromising work quality.
- Seeks Supervisor approvals to customer resolutions as appropriate.
- May perform root cause analysis and provide recommendations to management for long term resolution, using job aids, reference tools, etc.
- Effectively communicate with the customer via phone or correspondence (email or mail) by acknowledging the customer’s comments/emotions and clearly explaining complicated procedures or concepts. Uses paraphrasing techniques and asks appropriate questions to qualify the needs/expectations of the customer.
- Appropriately engages any internal line of business necessary for resolution of complaints.
- Effectively partners with necessary internal and external parties.