JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.6 trillion and operations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small business, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Information about JPMorgan Chase & Co. is available at http://www.jpmorganchase.com/.
The Chase Commerce Solutions Controls Team’s primary function is to implement an effective control framework across the Commerce Solutions organization, looking within and potential across the lines of business, to identify and remediate control issues with a sense of urgency regardless of the source.
This position requires a strong knowledge and background in control or operational risk management including familiarity with compliance and audit best practices. The candidate will be expected to apply the firm wide oversight and control framework and protocols for strengthening the control environment (including Process Mapping, Risk and Control Self-Assessment, Issue Management and Control Testing) while serving as an expert control resource to the Commerce Solutions business units.
· MBA (preferred) or Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, business or related field
· Over 15 years in the retail financial services industry; including background in operational risk management, audit, compliance, or control. Supervisory and licensed experience preferred.
· Relevant risk management experience and awareness either gathered through a risk or audit role preferred
· Expert in operational risk and control frameworks (e.g. RCSA practices, KRI, loss events, COSO, COBIT, SOX) in a regulated environment (i.e. Basel II standards, FFIEC guidance, etc.)
· Working knowledge of key financial regulations and associated risks.
· Demonstrated experience in risk and control self-assessments, including process mapping, risk analysis and control design evaluation skills. Quality Assurance techniques / TQM / Six Sigma Black Belt helpful
· Self-motivated & confident decision-maker with the ability to demonstrate leadership, challenging and influencing change where necessary
· Collaborative team player able to develop meaningful and effective working relationships with fellow colleagues
· Effective communicator with excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Strong analytical and documentation skills, as well as attention to detail
· Ability to manage multiple assignments and meet tight deadlines within a team environment
· Sound business judgment and objectivity
· Flexible and creative thinker
· Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint required
Please note that J.P. Morgan will not accept unsolicited approaches or speculative CVs, nor will J.P. Morgan be responsible for any related fees, from Third Party Firms who are not preferred suppliers.
The firm invites all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities.
If you are a US or Canadian applicant with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, please contact us by calling (US and Canada Only) 1-866-777-4690. Please indicate the specifics of the assistance needed.