Global Technology Infrastructure (GTI) is the technology infrastructure organization for JPMorgan Chase, delivering a wide range of products and services, and partnering with all lines of business to provide high quality service delivery, exceptional project execution and financially disciplined approaches and processes in the most cost effective manner. The objective of GTI is to balance both business alignment and the centralized delivery of core products and services. GTI is designed to address the unique infrastructure needs of specific lines of business and the demand to leverage economies of scale across the firm.
Global Compute Services (GCS) is responsible for managing the firm's global server and storage portfolio across plan, build and operate functions. The organization is transforming into a Managed Services provider for JPMC and drives product management, engineering standards and productivity initiatives in support of the Managed Services.
Reporting Services (RSS) is JP Morgan Chase's firm-wide business intelligence service that supplies the common infrastructure, software and administration of a complete business intelligence platform based on the SAP Business Objects/Business Intelligence tool suite.
As a Business Objects Administrator, you will provide high quality technology solutions in the Reporting Shared Services environment. You will be responsible for the operation and integration support of the Reporting Shared Services DEV, UAT, DR and Production environments. The administrator will work closely with support teams in all regions to ensure high standards of support are maintained and in some cases adapted for users of each service. The Administrator is expected to establish new client relationships (internal) while maintaining existing local relationships.
The team is also responsible for the on boarding & integration of Reporting Services to new groups within JPMC. RSS focuses on the integration and operation of Business Objects across several LOB's. The Business Objects Administrator will work with developers, architects, system administrators, and DBAs to support the construction and implementation of SAP products used within RSS. The core technologies currently in use by RSS include SAP Business Objects/Business Intelligence, IBM Webshere and Oracle.
A solid grounding in the full lifecycle of application development and in particular the supporting elements that enable and enhance the integration of disparate systems is needed for the job, particularly Unix/Linux, Scripting, Networking, Monitoring, as well as a variety of supporting infrastructure tools. Flexibility and the ability to quickly learn and adapt to new systems is key.
- Day to day operations of the reporting environments. Respond to and resolve assigned support tickets on Business Objects issues in BI 4.1 environments within defined SLA's
- Technical problem resolution for all technology related issues within the BO environments, including trouble shooting server errors and utilizing management console for monitoring, requesting start and stop servers as required from infrastructure team
- Resolve customer complaints with software and respond to suggestions for software modifications or enhancements
- Vendor interaction via SAP Marketplace and with Technical Quality Manager on technical issues and problems requiring vendor support
- Assist in the planning, design and implementation patches and upgrades to Business Objects
- Identify and report problems in new and existing software
- Recreate software problems to facilitate solutions
- This includes validating/testing the fix for the software problems
- Performance management and capacity planning for BI 4.1 upgrade (reviews performance statistics, sets thresholds, understands future demands)
- Assist with On-boarding new tenants to existing environment
- Work with AD teams to determine approximate sizing of new reporting applications, assess fit into the existing shared environment
- Recommends upgrades/additions to the environment to support new requirements and coordinates implementation
- Design and implement security by creating user groups and granting access to BOE applications. As well as security restrictions (application level, folder level and object level) based on user profile and groups
- Employ best practices for design, development, unit testing and test plan development
- 2+ years of experience administrating SAP systems in RedHat/Solaris Server OS environments
- Significant previous operational support and application troubleshooting (preferable in financial services) in SAP Business Objects Enterprise Administration (Central Management Console, Designer, Web Intelligence, InfoView, Promotion Manager, Crystal Reports, Mobile)
- Experience with production support of highly available applications
- Experience with WebSphere and Oracle 11g database
- Experience with Universe configuration and row level securities
- Experience with Webi reports using Universe and Custom SQL
- Experience with Hyperlinks & bursting methods
- Working knowledge of configuring the SAP integration Kit, Crystal SDK and Windows AD SSO
- Deep knowledge of Unix/Linux and scripting
- Strong background in networking, operating system, performance monitoring
- Experience functioning as part of a software team, good communicator
- Self-motivated and Responsible, able to own and drive a project when necessary
- Extraordinary Troubleshooter with ability to diagnose and support mission-critical systems
- Familiarity with setting up disaster recovery plans to insure continuity of service for a Business Objects installation
- Intermediate proficiency in managing performance monitoring and tuning in a Business Objects environments
- Understanding of Custom access levels
- Strong ability to work in a highly focused technical environment together with other motivated and driven professionals, as well as the ability to work independently
- Strong organizational, multi-tasking and time management skills to meet deadlines
- Excellent verbal/written communication and presentation skills
JPMorgan Chase is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer M/F/Disability/Veteran