JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2 trillion and operations in more than 60 countries. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers, small business and commercial banking, financial transaction processing, asset management, and private equity.
Global Technology Infrastructure (GTI) is the technology infrastructure organization for the firm, delivering a wide range of products and services, and partnering with all lines of business to provide high quality service delivery, exceptional project execution and financially disciplined approaches and processes in the most cost effective manner. The objective of GTI is to balance both business alignment and the centralized delivery of core products and services. GTI is designed to address the unique infrastructure needs of specific lines of business and the demand to leverage economies of scale across the firm.
Integrated Compute Services (ICS) is responsible for managing the firm's global compute and storage portfolios across plan, build and operate functions. The organization is a Managed Services provider for JPMC and drives product management, engineering standards and productivity initiatives in support of the Managed Services.
As an Infrastructure Developer within the ICS team, your responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Taking POCs/Designs for automation projects, across different areas of infrastructure and working closely with the Development Leads to develop them into enterprise level systems
- Providing ‘As A Service’ functionality across Technology Infrastructure
- Developing APIs for public consumption
- Contributing to design discussions/documents
- Providing support for the live systems
- Proactive troubleshooting
- Ensuring best practices are followed across the team
- Increasing the levels of unit test coverage, and automated tested
- Develop and/or participate in specialized mentoring and/or technical development for employees in the technical discipline
Minimum of 5-10 years experience in Java development, with some of the following skills :
- ORM (e.g. Hibernate/JPA)
- Dependency Injection Frameworks
- Automated Unit Testing & Mocking Frameworks, Integration Testing
- Concurrency / Threading
- Infrastructure (Storage/Compute/Network) Experience/Knowledge is highly desirable
- Familiarity with PAAS/IAAS/SAAS/SDI/SDS concepts
- Understanding of ‘Cloud Computing’ concepts (e.g. AWS)
- Understanding of UML
- Bachelor of Science highly desired
- Understanding of SOA and component based architecture.
Familiarity with other technologies, such as:
- Mongo / NoSQL
- Key/Value Stores (i.e. Cassandra)
- Workflow - VCO, JBPM, or other