A firwide NoSQL/BigData team has been formed to address the development of Distributed and Big Data solutions across the entire company. This team focusses on evaluating NoSQL/BigData products, identifying proper use cases, developing patterns, and generally lowering the barrier of entry for usage of such technologies. Additionally, as demand for these services grow, the group is responsible for the development of a firmwide Platform as a Service to automate the provisioning and management of NoSQL/BigData services.
As a Senior Software Engineer working in Data & Messaging Services' NoSQL/BigData Team, you will be owning major deliverables in all aspects of software development lifecycle: scoping, design, testing, implementation, and operation. You will also be responsible for proactively evaluating new Big Data technologies and their applicability to solving real business problems. Additionally, the qualified candidate would be expected to consume new concepts and technologies quickly, as well as be able to educate technologists on their applicability and usage.
• Contributing to overall direction of Data & Messaging Services
• Owning full development lifecycle from scope to implementation of critical components or features
• Design and build systems that are scalable, robust, and automated, with little human touch to support and operate
• Evaluate new technologies (vendor and open source) and recommend solutions
• Hands on development and integration of multiple systems
• Work with multiple teams to achieve overall goal
• Proficiency in programming languages such as Java (preferred), C/C++, Python, and Perl with a strong base in object-oriented and/or functional design and development
• Strong knowledge of both relational and non-realtional/NoSQL database concepts and models including at least 3 years experience developing with and/or operating NoSQL databases.
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Experience building scalable, fault tolerant infrastructure software or distributed systems, preferably in a Unix or Linux platform
• Deep understanding of data structures, algorithms and their performance
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills
• Focus on customers, ownership, operations and the ability to deliver results
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field
• Strong Linux skills – os configuration, shell scripting
• Experience operating and developing in JVM-based environments
• Configuration Management tool experience (Saltstack, Puppet, CFEngine)
• Knowledge of Apache Cassandra and other NoSQL Technologies would be a distinct advantage
• Knowledge of distributed systems
• Knowledge of management and development of PaaS environments
• You read alot of tech blogs and have formulated opinions on the use of technology
Please note that J.P. Morgan will not accept unsolicited approaches or speculative CVs, nor will J.P. Morgan be responsible for any related fees, from Third Party Firms who are not preferred suppliers.
The firm invites all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities.
If you are a US or Canadian applicant with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, please contact us by calling (US and Canada Only) 1-866-777-4690. Please indicate the specifics of the assistance needed.