This position is for an Applications Developer lead, specializing in SharePoint and Lotus Notes development and migration on the EUS Content Services Development team.
About EUS Content Services Development
Content Services Development team operates within the Collaboration Technologies space in providing custom development services creating solutions to enable our internal business customers. Our goal is to deliver low maintenance, configurable solutions that empower solution/site owners to manage their solutions/sites independently.
Our solutions can combine out-of-box features of SharePoint along with InfoPath forms, custom workflows, custom event handlers, and other features. We follow a full SDLC process to provide solid, well designed, built and fully tested solutions.
This person will report directly to the Applications Development Manager and act as a liaison between the development team and our clients, internal JPMC lines of business groups to provide:
- Analysis of complex workflow and business processes once documented by the Business Analyst, to provide high level effort estimates and high level solution design documents.
- Review functional requirements and provide comprehensive technical documentation for custom collaboration platform (eg SharePoint, Filenet P8) builds and enhancements
- Facilitate implementation of solutions by preparing a detailed implementation plan.
- Ensure unit testing is completed for all the assigned deliverables and build is as per the requirements.
- Continuous technical oversight throughout each engagement life cycle addressing any technical challenges and conveying new risks and issues to the engagement manager.
- Oversight of offshore developers including code review and unit test reviews. Meeting regularly with the offshore team members to provide guidance with issues and challenges, and report on status back to the engagement PM.
- Support of the test phases of the engagement by reviewing and addressing change requests or defects.
- Basic engagement management tasks including planning an engagement based on estimates, monitoring progress against baseline costs and timeline, and regular status reporting on progress, risks and issues.
- Application architecture, design and build of rich SharePoint 2013 / SharePoint 2010 applications.
- Lead & manage Full-time employees and Full-time contractors, assist with technical challenges /issues and provide advisory guidance
- Manage Lotus Notes L3 application support team, generate monthly support call metrics and handle escalations
Change Management – Full knowledge of JPMC change management process and tools required along with experience in handling complex deployments coordinating with operations team.
Vendor management – Manage vendor resources, contract and budget.
Single Point Of Contact (SPOC) for technical questions and support for migrating divest technologies like - Lotus Notes & Live link for ASIAPAC business users.
Work closely with ASIAPAC business users on defining business rules for secure application collaboration leveraging SharePoint & FileNet technologies.
Work on implementing Intralinks solution for ASIAPAC users defining region specific rules and regulations.
- A BS degree in Computer Science
- SharePoint 2010-2013 - Sandbox solution, Client Object Model
- SharePoint custom coding – Timer Jobs/event handlers/features/webparts
- SQL Server – TSQL/DTS/SSIS
- C# .Net
- HTML / CSS / XML / XSLT / Jquery / Java Script
- migration tools eg – Quest, Swing, Binary tree and team studio
- Sharepoint 2010 & 2013 – User Profile Service/Search Service/managed metadata – configuring and diagnosing issues; Integrating with REST Web Services
- Strong experience in SP IDE tools - SharePoint Designer, InfoPath Designer and Visual Studio
- Strong experience in ASP.NET 3.x/4.x design and development with ADO.NET, VB.Net/C#, WCF Web Services, COM, APIs
- Extensive knowledge of Lotus Notes application maintenance along with end-to-end application migration from Lotus Notes to SharePoint and FileNet
- Advanced knowledge of Waterfall and Agile software development methodology
- Ability to translate functional requirements into technical designs and provide level of effort estimates
- Familiarity with object-oriented modeling techniques including use case, activity, and class diagrams.
- Advanced knowledge of MS Excel, MS. Visio, MS PowerPoint, MS Word
- Experience with JPMC tools and processes – Beeline, ITSM, Clarity, TPO, TAW and Taleo
- Skilled at working with little oversight
- Strong and proactive problem solver
- Strong verbal and written communication ability; ability to articulate complex ideas tailored to the audience's level of knowledge.
- Strong active listening skills.
- Confident and comfortable with decision making and guiding others when making decisions.
- Solid negotiation and conflict management skills and ability to influence positive outcomes.
- Client-focus and ability to communicate with stakeholders at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to foster teamwork and collaboration across a diverse and global team.
- Strong leadership skills to lead junior developers and conduct code reviews