VCG Tech Senior Application Developer
The role is as an Application Developer within VCG (Valuation Control Group) Tech. The Application Developer will work very closely with the VCG business to implement solutions to business problems through the various technology solutions available. Responsibilities will include design, development, code review, interfacing with VCG users and mentoring junior developers.
We are seeking a senior hands-on technologist with deep technical design and Object Oriented development skills to join the Capital Technology team. This individual will need to have hands-on ability in Python or Java or other OO language, with computer science, engineering, math, physics or information technology degree. They will be a part of a dynamic team of highly talented individuals and will be encouraged to contribute ideas, learn, design and implement.
The role is located in Brooklyn, NY and liases with VCG users in New York as well as other Brooklyn based developers to facilitate close in person interactions with VCG users and other developers. In addition to responsibilities as an Application Developer, the role will also liaise with London and Asia based business and technology counterparts during the requirements as well as UAT/PROD/Post-Production phases of the project.
Key Requirements of the Role:
1. Strong Python skills and/or C++ / Java, in addition to development using agile techniques, test-driven development, and Object Oriented programming concepts.
2. Follow appropriate design standards, methods and tools and ensure they are applied effectively.
3. Ensures that appropriate standards (corporate, industry, national and international) are adhered to.
- As a strong communicator work as part of a global team.
- Develop a good understanding of End to End business processes and the associated technical blocks.
- Working with production support teams to ensure smooth transition of software developed.
- Willingness to take ownership of tasks and the ability to work on their own initiative while being a strong team player.
- Understand the technical environment and look to continually promote increased knowledge in the team.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, able to communicate accurately, concisely and with tact and diplomacy when appropriate.
- Be conscientious, reliable and inquisitive with a keen desire to learn, not just gain the knowledge necessary for the job but also the underlying reasons and drivers.
- The ability to work under pressure within agreed timelines and to support multiple tasks in parallel.
- The candidate will be expected to continually look at improving the processes and procedures in the development life cycle and challenge areas that they see inefficient.