About J.P. Morgan Corporate & Investment Bank
J.P. Morgan's Corporate & Investment Bank (CIB) is a global leader across banking, markets and investor services. The world's most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. With $18 trillion of assets under custody and $393 billion in deposits, the Corporate & Investment Bank provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk and extends liquidity in markets around the world.
The Financial and Regulatory Reporting Group produce semi-annual and annual reports for the funds that JPMorgan administers. This role involves participation in the production of both statutory and regulatory reports.
The incumbent will have an in-depth working knowledge of the Fund Accounting area with a minimum of 4.5 years experience in a fund accounting environment and will have experience in financial statement preparation. The incumbent should have a relevant accounting qualification.
DESCRIPTION OF RESPONSIBILITIES
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Statutory Reporting (Production of annual and semi-annual reports) for the clients .
- Regulatory Reporting (foreign jurisdictions) for the clients JPMorgan is Central Administration
- Dealing with external clients
- Dealing with ad hoc services for information, both from internal and external sources.
- Dealing with external auditors in the context of statutory audits and resolve outstanding issues related to the annual reports
- Compilation of other information such as MIS
- Plan and control all aspects of financial statement preparation and issuance to agreed standards and deadlines.
- Identify and implement improvements to processes in response to operational and client service requirements - work with Technical Specialists and other JPM departments (i.e. Fund Accounting) to achieve this.
- In depth knowledge of Fund Administration and Accounting policies.
- Identify procedural weaknesses and enhancements to increase the efficiency and effectiveness of the group.
- Identify, delegate and manage all projects within the group and work on projects delegated by the Financial Reporting Manager.
- Prepare, manage and review all MIS, timetables, checklists and procedures.
- Overall supervision of all Administrators, Statutory and Regulatory reports production and the control environment.
- Support all Administrators with issues and investigations.
- Manage all client inquiries and requests from outside parties, i.e. auditors, in a professional manner.
- Excellent client management and influencing skills
- Internal escalation of all risk issues to Financial Reporting Manager.
- Address behavioral and motivational issues within the group.
- Establish clear lines of communication with all team members and Team Leaders
- Complete Administrators and Senior Administrators' appraisals.
- Ensure all identified training needs are met.
Key Skills and Knowledge
- Knowledge of financial and regulatory reporting requirements
- Knowledge of financial instruments and their accounting treatment
- Professional accountancy qualification
- Time management and organisational skills
- In-depth knowledge of fund administration and valuation function and good understanding of the organisation
- Good operational knowledge of Fund accounting systems
- Preferably Professional accountancy qualification
- 4 / 5 years industry experience
- Knowledge of accounting principles, with particular reference to UK Collective Vehicles
- Up-to-date technical knowledge of UK SORP and other relevant legislation
- Effective people management skills
- Ability to partner effectively with peers, colleagues, clients, auditors and other third parties
- Excellent oral and written communication skills