JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.6 trillion and operations in more than 60 countries. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers, small business and commercial banking, financial transaction processing, asset management, and private equity.
The JPMorgan Chase Legal Department is responsible for providing legal services to the Corporation and is organized by practice groups that generally align with the firm’s lines of business and corporate staff areas. This structure encourages legal teams, businesses and staff areas to discuss legal, regulatory and business developments effectively and in a timely manner.
Chase Consumer & Community Banking (CCB) serves more than 64 million consumers and 4 million small businesses with a broad range of financial services, including personal banking, small business lending, mortgages, credit cards, payments, auto finance and investment advice. CCB consists of the following lines of business: Consumer Banking, Mortgage Banking, Card Services, Auto Finance, Chase Wealth Management, Business Banking and Chase Merchant Services.
The Legal Department is seeking an action-oriented, creative and collaborative lawyer to join the team of attorneys focused on consumer federal and state regulations and related policy, and driving regulatory and legislative engagement, in partnership with the business, Government Relations, Regulatory Affairs, trade organizations and other key stakeholders. This position requires excellent oral and written communication skills, the ability to learn quickly, and the flexibility to juggle a wide range of assignments simultaneously.
- Researching, analyzing and providing written and oral feedback on new and proposed regulations and laws to CCB Legal colleagues, business and control function partners, trade organizations and other key stakeholders;
- Drafting and editing comment letters, white papers, position papers, talking points, decks and other communications concerning legal and regulatory engagement and policy;
- Managing and communicating about CCB legal participation in various trade organizations and internal initiatives relating to regulatory and legal engagement;
- Partnering with Federal and State Government Relations and the Office of Regulatory Affairs on legislative and regulatory issues affecting the Chase consumer businesses;
- Leading cross-functional teams to coordinate and align advocacy strategies cross Chase business, and develop Chase positions and other related messaging;
- Drafting and distributing on a weekly basis written materials concerning regulatory developments and industry initiatives for CCB Legal, control function, business and key partners;
- Identifying topics for discussion and drafting related materials for Board of Directors Public Responsibility Committee scheduled meetings;
Partnering with CCB Legal line of business attorneys to monitor key regulatory matters, develop related strategy, draft communications and materials, and engage with government officials.
- All other duties as necessary or assigned in connection with legal support to CCB Government Relations and Office of Regulatory Affairs
- JD or educational equivalent required. Attorney candidates must be in compliance with all relevant licensing requirements including the requirements of the jurisdiction where the role will be located prior to commencement of employment.
- All candidates for roles in the Legal department must successfully complete a conflicts of interest clearance review prior to commencement of employment.
- Attorney must have at least five years of relevant post-JD practicing experience with increasing responsibility demonstrated over time.
- Candidate must have confidence and experience drafting legal and regulatory communications for business executives and other non-lawyers.
- Candidate must have a working knowledge of or a willingness to learn and remain current about consumer regulatory laws, oversight and related policy.
- Attorney should possess strong interpersonal skills, excellent legal judgment, and effective skills.
- Candidate must have the ability to multitask successfully in a fast-paced and complex business environment.
- Attorney must have a strong sense of integrity and dedication to protecting the reputation of the corporation.