JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.6 trillion and operations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small business, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Information about JPMorgan Chase & Co. is available at www.jpmorganchase.com.
Asset & Wealth Management Overview: J.P. Morgan Asset & Wealth Management, with client assets of $2.6 trillion, is a global leader in investment and wealth management. Its clients include institutions, high-net-worth individuals and retail investors in every major market throughout the world. The division offers investment management across all major asset classes including equities, fixed income, alternatives, multi-asset and money market funds. For individual investors, the business also provides retirement products and services, brokerage and banking services including trusts and estates, loans, mortgages and deposits.
JPMorgan Securities Overview: At JP Morgan Securities (JPMS), we have been helping high net worth individuals and families build and manage their wealth for more than 50 years. Led by an exclusive group of Financial Advisors throughout the United States, JPMS offers clients a broad suite of transactional, wealth management and investment advisory services. Our Financial Advisors are among the most experienced and creative in the industry. We excel at leveraging the vast resources of one of the world's leading global financial institutions on behalf of our clients.
Legal Department Description: The Legal Department of JPMorgan Chase & Co is responsible for the provision of legal services to the Corporation and is organized by practice groups that generally align with the Corporation’s lines of business and corporate staff areas. This structure encourages legal teams and businesses and staff areas to discuss legal, regulatory and business developments effectively and in a timely manner.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Function as Head of Legal to the JP Morgan Securities (“JPMS”) line of business.
- The Head of Legal will play a critical role, providing expert and strategic legal advice to the executive team on all matters.
- The Head of Legal will ensure legal compliance and limit risk exposure for the business.
- Manage a team of highly qualified attorneys.
- Point of contact between JPMS Legal products specialists and the JPMS Business.
- Provide legal and regulatory advice to JPMS regarding legal and regulatory issues with emphasis of broker dealer regulation, investment advisors act and securities regulations.
- Review and negotiate several types of agreements for the JPMS platform.
- Liaise with litigation on all JPMS matters.
- Analysis of new products and services.
- Participation in certain JPMS governance committees and Legal meetings
- Potential representation of JPMorgan interests in associations or forums.
· JD or educational equivalent required. Attorney candidates must be in compliance with all relevant licensing requirements including the requirements of the jurisdiction where the role will be located prior to commencement of employment.
· All candidates for roles in the Legal department must successfully complete a conflicts of interest clearance review prior to commencement of employment.
- Minimum of 10 years of relevant experience in legal practice focused in the financial services industry (law firm or in-house).
- A solutions-oriented strategic thinker with strong organizational skills, sound judgment, decision making abilities, and used to dealing with ambiguity in a fast-paced environment
- Detail and control-oriented mindset
- Excellent interpersonal skills necessary to engage and influence a broad range of individuals across groups and key support functions, especially at the senior level
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with strong ability to influence change and present complex and sensitive issues to senior management
- Ability to multi-task and adapt to changing priorities with attention to detail and logical thought process
- Ability to learn new concepts, systems, processes and initiatives
- Superior time management skills with the ability to work under pressure and prioritize both day-to-day activities and longer-term projects