The team is a part of Global Spread (Credit & Securitized Products Group) Technology team supporting Risk and P&L function within Investment Banking. It is responsible for running existing stack and includes strategic work to reengineer technology for both business and regulatory projects. Developers on the team work closely with Market Risk, Finance and Traders to design solutions that drive business growth, efficiency and best-in-class compliance.
Our ongoing areas of development include streamlining existing technology and processes for aspects like Regulatory reporting for consolidated P&L, VaR feeds, CCAR reporting, Market Risk reporting, and onboarding of new products and businesses, as well as continuing maintenance, consolidation and strategic reengineering of our core platforms. The role exposes team to different products within Fixed Income and related work flows.
Team provides an opportunity to work in a global environment with members spread across London, US (NY/NJ) and India.
The role requires a well rounded self-motivated problem solver who enjoys working as part of a team. It is expected that the candidate will come with deep technical knowledge, business understanding and excellent communication skills who is comfortable working directly with the users and as a part of high performance team in a high pressure, challenging and dynamic working environment. The candidate needs to have a track record of delivering high quality, well-tested solutions in a mature controlled environment which is needed to contribute to the Risk and P&L effort.
The role will also require an ability to gain working knowledge in many different types of technologies and an understanding of the unique design considerations that come into play in a diverse and highly interdependent systems environment. Exposure to products knowledge especially in PnL/Risk function will facilitate fitting in with the business. High level of interaction with the business is necessary, since our core applications are looked at by traders, finance teams, and market risk analysts.
The system consists of an Oracle database with a Perl-based loading infrastructure, Java access layer and several interactive front ends written in C#.
- Build and maintain core system components as well as specific applied tools in Java with experience to interface with C#, Perl/Python and Oracle. Primarily using Java services/servlets to interface with Oracle on one side and .Net GUI/Components
- Develop strong relationships founded on trust, integrity & delivery with our partners on the business, operations & technology. Work closely with the Product controller team to provide support for issues encountered in daily processing and questions from the business about the system's outputs
- Work with our global team members to achieve better solutions using good project management, efficient communication and SDLC discipline
- Build solutions with testability in mind for diverse user base and functions: clearly define expected results as the first step of any project. "Code for review:" Clearly organize your code and comment where necessary, to facilitate the peer review process
- Manage multiple high profile deliveries simultaneously with the decisiveness to switch focus instantly as market events dictate
Key Relationships: Credit & SPG business, Global Production Support & Infrastructure teams, Other Credit Technology teams
- Extensive experience and recognized expertise in server side Java development and design
- Experience in servicing .NET Clients/UI with database backend is highly desirable
- Solid experience with Oracle (or other large RDBMS), data modelling, and performance tuning
- Proficient at least one scripting language; Perl / Python experience is particularly desirable
- Knowledge of Apache Tomcat and servlet development is a plus
- Strong architecture experience, familiar with backend service oriented architecture
- Full development & project life cycle experience. Strong testing discipline, Experience of Source control & Change management systems
Ideally the candidate should have worked in a financial services environment delivering outstanding technical solutions
Strong Java development. Working with Perl/Python will be plus; OS: Linux, Windows
Some UI Development experience especially combination of .NET UI working with Java back-end
Understanding/Experience of RDBMS is required
JPMorgan Chase & Co. offers an exceptional benefits program and a highly competitive compensation package. JPMorgan Chase & Co. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Closing Date: June 25, 2018