JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2 trillion and operations in more than 60 countries. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers, small business and commercial banking, financial transaction processing, asset management, and private equity.
Global Technology Infrastructure (GTI) is the technology infrastructure organization for the firm, delivering a wide range of products and services, and partnering with all lines of business to provide high quality service delivery, exceptional project execution and financially disciplined approaches and processes in the most cost effective manner. The objective of GTI is to balance both business alignment and the centralized delivery of core products and services. GTI is designed to address the unique infrastructure needs of specific lines of business and the demand to leverage economies of scale across the firm.
Integrated Compute Services (ICS) within JPMorgan Chase’s Global technology Infrastructure group develops and operates one of the world’s largest enterprise compute environments providing compute, storage and hosting platforms. The massive scale supports a diversity of business applications to one of the largest banking institutions in the US.
The ICS service is the foundation that other Services will build on top of. The shift to a services based thinking will require implementing the Software Defined Datacenter to enable speed, scale and flexibility to meet the changing business needs. The goals are to abstract, virtualize and orchestrate the end to end process of delivering IT capabilities to the firm.
GTI-ICS is looking to fill an Engineer Lead role within their group who can act as a DataPower Specialist. As a DataPower Specialist, you will be recognized in as senior web developer/engineer to work as part of the web managed services support team with a particular focus on the Web Services Over the Internet (WSOI) service. As such this involves a reactive element which is monitoring problem queues and working through high severity problems to resolution as they are escalated to the team. There is also a pro-active element which is to identify underlying issues that will potentially manifest on a longer timescale, and investigate, plan and co-ordinate preventative remediation activities.
Additionally a significant portion of the role is spent on service improvement and automation initiatives along with other GTI initiatives to improve efficiency and stability of the operating environment. Although initial focus for this role is to support the WSOI service it is expected that the role will broaden over time to cover the other web managed services.
Each member of the team participates on rotation basis in servicing the team’s problem (JIRA) queue, for incoming problems/requests from internal customers using WSOI, and development work to produce enhancements and bug fixes to the product.
Core responsibilities for the group are the delivery of an end to end web hosting service to multiple lines of business for a range of shared services. These include amongst others onboarding of new applications to the WSOI platform based on IBM DataPower. In addition the team also provides second and third level support for existing deployments.
The team works on a range of third level web support initiatives including (but not exclusively) the following:
- Technical support for operational and development issues applications on boarded to DataPower
- Development of bug fixes and enhancements to the WSOI service in response to customer demand
- Automation of existing processes for builds , provisioning and other operational activities
The web hosting environments are normally 24 x 7. As such the role may involve both taking part in an on-call rotation for escalation and also scheduled out of hours work. There may be some travel involved as the team is distributed across more than one location.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, mathematics, engineering, information systems, computer science or related field preferred
- Detailed understanding of web technologies and how they function in secure environments
- Familiar with DataPower security concepts (authentication, authorization, encryption, digital signatures)
- Good verbal and written communications skills
- Strong influencing skills as majority of effort will require working closely with other teams
- Used to working in a customer facing role and as part of a geographically distributed team
- Strong analytical ability and communications skills
- Self-motivated and able to deliver in high pressure situations
- Must be able to work with and leverage skills from other teams in the wider organization
- 3+ years DataPower development experience (XI52, XI50)
- 2+ years developing and maintaining DataPower WSDL
- 2+ years Unix/Windows scripting for automation of operational tasks
- Understanding of Event Drive Architecture
- Expertise in XML, XSLT,JSON,JAVA and XPATH
- DataPower troubleshooting, services instrumentation, monitoring and logging
- Must have proven track record in implementing mid to large scale applications on DataPower
- Team player with excellent problem solving skills
- Demonstrated experience working as a developer designing and delivering architectures, user interfaces, middle-tier and server-side components
- Experience assisting in the design of end-to-end architectures and frameworks for financial services and other business application solutions
- Experience of working with multiple application and integration teams from different lines of business to match WSOI capabilities to application requirements
- Experience with automation of operational task for DataPower appliances
- Experience with implementation of SOAP and REST web services
- Working knowledge of enterprise systems/design architectures
- Application Optimization
- Local/Global Traffic Management
- High-availability strategies
- Knowledge of Subversion or any other source code control systems
- Experience in Linux, UNIX and/or AIX operating environments
- Must be familiar with structured project life cycle disciplines
- Cross-functional IT experience in leveraging the DataPower platform to deliver B2B capability in a secure and stable fashion