JPMorgan Chase & Co is a global financial services powerhouse with assets of US$1.5 trillion and operations in more than 50 countries. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers, small business and commercial banking, financial transaction processing, asset and wealth management and private equity. In Australia, JPMorgan is one of the few fully integrated investment banks with leadership positions across mergers and acquisitions, debt capital markets, derivatives, equities, equity capital markets, and treasury and securities services. If you're interested in working in an environment where you can aspire to be the best, execute superbly and be part of a great team and winning culture, then explore the opportunities at JPMorgan Chase.
The technology team supports the WSS (Worldwide Security Services) businesses in Asia Pacific. The team consists of approximately 60 people based in Sydney and Mumbai. The team works in a dynamic project allocation model meaning that resources are assigned to projects based on availability and skill competencies rather than being aligned to working with specific systems, business lines or processes. This methodology fosters cross pollination of knowledge across the whole team.
The Business Analyst is responsible for the scoping and analysis phases of a technology project for WSS in APAC and assisting in other phases of the project life cycle as required. The business analyst will need to ensure that the project scope, requirements and documentation is of a high quality and meets the standards required by the Project Delivery Framework (PDF) adopted at JP Morgan globally.
The Business Analyst will work as part of a team who will be assigned to different projects by the BA Team Leader. It is expected that the Business Analyst will work on more than 1 project at a time and may be asked to participate in project sizing work before project approval e.g. pre-analysis work, to determine high level sizes of the project
Knowledge and Experience Required
- Process knowledge of technology project life cycle.
- Fund Services business knowledge - Accounting/Unit pricing/Analytics/Registry
- Knowledge of systems such as HiPortfolio, Composer, pControl or Summit is desirable
- Track record of successful high quality business requirements gathering.
- Exposure and use of a variety of business analysis methodologies e.g. OO, RAD etc..
- Degree educated.
- Good communicator who is able to converse with all levels of management.
- Ability to work autonomously to meet the business/project demands.
- Ability to prioritise work to ensure the business/project deliverables are met.