This position manages the application design, development and support for IM Common Services. This position will build and manage a team of about 15 people across functional disciplines including Application development and QA for ILITE and Data Management functions. Critical thinking skills, a proven track record of delivering technology projects, collaborative skills and a sense of urgency/drive are keys to this position along with the ability to multi-task and work well in a matrix structure. The position also needs a deep and broad understanding of the business and data flows to be effective on the job.
This position requires strong leadership and proactive issue management. The person must be able to resolve project issues as well as broader strategic or systemic issues that are creating inefficiencies or hindering progress. The person filling this position is expected to consistently interact with the team in the US to understand the project requirements and possess the ability to package communication succinctly and clearly. This position requires effective people management skills and the ability to recruit and retain talent and be able to guide and mentor the team in Mumbai.
· Ownership of multiple application suites
· Ownership of multiple concurrent application development projects
· Project staffing and resource allocation
· Understand and support methodology adherence and process improvement
· Administer and track budget and resource allocation
· Day to day management of team activities.
· Mentor and support career development of team members.
· Align organization with goals of IT and AWM business needs
§ Ability to manage, lead, and mentor technical staff
§ Ability to oversee multiple, complex, projects/issues
§ Strong oral and written communications skills …able to effectively communicate at multiple levels within the organization
§ Strong team player
§ Strong analytic and troubleshooting skills
§ Experience managing and leading cross functional teams utilizing full lifecycle methodology in project delivery
§ Experience managing technical staff utilizing the below or similar technolology
Education and Experience-
· Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or Information Technology.
· Minimum of 10 yrs of industry experience.
· Minimum 3 years management, project management, or equivalent experience
· An ideal candidate will have several years work experience in the U.S. working for large financial firms. He or she will be able to bridge the cultural divide between India and the U.S. to deliver a high performance team.
· Understanding of Financial and Banking applications or related business experience
§ Application Development - Advanced
§ Application Integration - Advanced
§ Quality Assurance - Advanced
§ Business Knowledge- Advanced
§ Business Applications Knowledge - Advanced
§ Business Continuity Risk Assessment - Proficient
§ Business Continuity Testing Knowledge - Proficient
§ Database Development - Advanced
§ Foundational Architecture Knowledge - Advanced
§ Infrastructure Product Knowledge - Advanced
§ IT Risk Management - Proficient
§ Performance Testing - Proficient
· Communication (written and verbal) - Advanced
· Co-ordination Skills - Advanced
· Crisis Management Skills - Advanced
· Problem Management - Advanced
· Results Delivery - Advanced
· Firm/Business Knowledge - Advanced
· Industry Acumen - Advanced
· Influence/Persuasion - Advanced
· Innovation - Advanced
Preferred Skills & Experience
· Strong project / process management skills.
· Familiarity with Six-Sigma and / or CMM (CMMI) and / or ISO 9000 / TQM
· Familiarity with the Software Development Life Cycle process
· Experience in managing geographically distributed and culturally diverse personnel
· Knowledge of outsourcing methodologies and operating models
· Knowledge and experience in Technology including various architectures, languages, tools and applications.
· Strong written and verbal communication skills.
· Good interpersonal skills.
· Team player.
· Influence and negotiation skills.
· Have a positive approach to work and to fellow team members.
· Excellent organizational skills.
· Superior attention to detail.
· Ability to absorb & present complex ideas quickly & accurately.
· Ability to provide solutions to a tight deadline.
· Ability to motivate others.
· Good prioritization and time management.
· A proactive approach to problem solving, taking ownership of issues, and having the determination to follow things through.
Please note that J.P. Morgan will not accept unsolicited approaches or speculative CVs, nor will J.P. Morgan be responsible for any related fees, from Third Party Firms who are not preferred suppliers.
The firm invites all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities.
If you are a US or Canadian applicant with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, please contact us by calling (US and Canada Only) 1-866-777-4690. Please indicate the specifics of the assistance needed.