JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM)
is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.6 trillion and operations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small business, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Information about JPMorgan Chase & Co. is available at http://www.jpmorganchase.com/
The Cybersecurity organization’s objective is to ensure that JPMC is able to effectively detect, prevent, and respond to cyber threats against our technology infrastructure. The scope of Cybersecurity comprises detection and monitoring of threats and vulnerabilities, managing security incidents, and evolving our preventive infrastructure to keep ahead of the threat. We accomplish this through strong information security leadership and active collaboration with line of business information risk managers to provide high quality security solutions and services that are focused on improving the Firm's risk posture.
The Financial Malware Data Analyst will be required to conduct analysis into financial malware, online banking platforms, and complex data sets. The successful candidate will have a proven track record in analyzing and documenting complex systems and data. The Financial Malware Data Analyst will provide expertise, insight, and a passion for data to assist malware reverse engineering and compromised customer detection.
The responsibilities of this position include:
- Demonstrating a deep understanding of online fraud, network protocols, and fraud techniques, tactics, and procedures (TTPs)
- Performing detailed data analysis across multiple systems, data sets, and platforms
- Perform data analysis to assist with creation of fraud IOCs
- Create ad-hoc reports, parse, extract, and transform data from multiple sources
- Assist lines of business with data analysis, fraud investigations, and expanding data capture
- Maintain deep knowledge in network protocols, web based technologies, and their application in detecting online fraud
- Provide support to Fraud Investigations where use of complex technology has been instrumental in the commission of the fraud
- Research advances in online threats from the underground economy and assist with developing solutions to prevent and investigate targeted attacks
- Create and maintain documentation on existing platforms and data warehouses.
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or other technology related fields preferred
- Masters Degree in Engineering, Computer Science or other Technology related fields a major plus
- 7+ years experience working in cybercrime investigation, financial malware analysis, online fraud detection engines, and other related fields with a combination of both public and private sector experience preferred
- A proven track record in creating rules and alerts for proactively identifying online fraud during real time sessions
- Ability to analyze web sessions
- Ability to analyze network protocols throughout all layers of the network stack
- Deep understanding of the HTTP protocol
- Experience examining and utilizing large data sets
- Knowledge of online fraud detection best practices and industry standard methodologies
- Ability to research and create innovative detection techniques
- Expert level knowledge of fraud detection engines, including their strengths and weaknesses
- Track record of producing quality documentation
- Knowledge of the financial industry and topical threats which provide challenges to online fraud detection within the financial sector
- Broad knowledge of financial products and services in both consumer and commercial banking
- Able to work either independently or in a team to create and optimize fraud detection rules
- Able to coordinate with and gain the trust of business stakeholders to achieve a desired objective
- Able to articulate and visually present analysis results
- Able to work under pressure in time critical situations
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to create accurate and comprehensive data analysis and reports
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required
- Ability to communicate effectively with business representatives in explaining analysis findings clearly and where necessary, in layman’s terms
- Ability to communicate with other industry professionals to create solid partnerships with key external stakeholders to ensure that the analysis process remains at a world class level
- Industry standard information security technology certifications are a plus.
This position is anticipated to require the use of one or more High Security Access (HSA) systems. Users of these systems are subject to enhanced screening which includes both criminal and credit background checks, and/or other enhanced screening at the time of accepting the position and on an annual basis thereafter. The enhanced screening will need to be successfully completed prior to commencing employment or assignment.