JPMorgan Chase is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2 trillion and operations in more than 50 countries. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and businesses, financial transaction processing, asset and wealth management, and private equity. Under the JPMorgan and Chase brands, the firm serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients.
If you're interested in working in an environment where leadership, excellence, integrity and diversity are among our core principles, then explore the opportunities at JPMorgan Chase. Further information about careers at JPMorgan Chase can be found on our website:www.jpmorganchase.com.
The Legal Department of JPMorgan Chase & Co is responsible for the provision of legal services to the Corporation and is organized by practice groups that generally align with the Corporation’s lines of business and corporate staff areas. This structure encourages legal teams and businesses and staff areas to discuss legal, regulatory and business developments effectively and in a timely manner.
Position available for an experienced attorney in the JPMorgan Registered Funds legal group to support the JPMorgan Registered Funds. The JPMorgan Registered Fund complex is among the largest complexes in the United States. The complex offers a full array of mutual funds and ETFs in every asset class-money market, fixed-income, equity and alternative investments-domestic and international. The position provides exposure to all aspects of the JPMorgan Funds business and to the investment management legal groups.
The individual will have responsibilities relating to the creation of new funds and the legal support of existing funds and subadvised products, including the preparation of registration statements, the negotiation and drafting of advisory, distribution and trading agreements, and the preparation of memoranda for management and the Funds’ Trustees.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
• 5+ years of post JD-practicing experience, with mutual fund experience with a law firm or investment management firm. ETF experience a plus. In-house experience a plus.
• Experience advising on complex and sophisticated broker-dealer issues a plus.
• Strong interpersonal, analytical, problem-solving, organizational and communication skills.
• Team player additive to a collegial environment.
• The ability to manage multiple complex projects simultaneously.
• Excellent business judgment and strategic thinking.
• Demonstration of successful client management partnering.
• Proven ability to communicate effectively at all levels and to both legal and non-legal professionals.
• Self-starter and strong motivator.
• Ability to build and maintain close client relationships.
• Demonstrated expertise in the Investment Company Act of 1940, the Investment Advisers Act of 1940 and various regulations applicable to the operation of registered funds.
• All candidates for roles in the Legal department must successfully complete a conflicts of interest clearance review prior to commencement of employment.
• JD or educational equivalent required. Attorney candidates must be in compliance with all relevant licensing requirements including the requirements of the jurisdiction where the role will be located prior to commencement of employment.