About J.P. Morgan Chase & Co.
JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.4 trillion and operations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small businesses, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the worlds most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Information about J.P. Morgan is available at www.jpmorganchase.com
About J.P. Morgan’s Corporate & Investment Bank
J.P. Morgan’s Corporate & Investment Bank is a global leader across banking, markets and investor services. The world’s most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. With nearly $20 trillion of assets under custody, the Corporate & Investment Bank provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk and extends liquidity in markets around the world.
The Corporate Investment Bank, Relationship Partner team plays a critical role in ensuring that as an organization, we are compliant with multiple regulations, in order to protect the bank’s reputation and ﬁnancial assets.
The Relationship Partner team operates in close partnership with Bankers, Operations, Credit, Legal and Compliance to provide eﬃcient and timely on-boarding of new/existing client relationships to the JP Morgan infrastructure.
The Relationship Partner will be responsible for managing the Front Office relationship for business requests in KYC Onboarding, Remediation and Renewals. The Associate will be required to facilitate the end to end client onboarding process, ensuring all due diligence documentation is sourced and delivered to the Wholesale Client Onboarding team to incorporate into the KYC platform.
- Manage new business requests received from the Front Office and facilitate the KYC process end to end
- Act as an SME and Due Diligence expert to guide clients through the KYC requirements and variation of documents which may fulfil due diligence requirements
- Conduct in-depth analysis on the ownership structure of the client on publicly available sources (not limited to company registries) or client documentation, and seek additional confirmation or approvals as required
- Work closely with the Front Oﬃce and potentially direct with clients as required, to obtain all necessary supporting evidence to full KYC due diligence
- Follow up with Client Onboarding teams to ensure onboarding is completed within agreed timeframes
- Liaise regularly with the business to conduct workload planning, review status of key onboardings and prioritize open requests
- Frequently interact with key stakeholders such as Legal, Compliance, Credit and Operations to develop strong partnerships, eliminate roadblocks and ensure continuity of information ﬂow across the groups
- Assist Relationship Managers with overnight screening, client exits and any other KYC related tasks as required
- Manage personal workload and priority items and ensure timely escalation of key risks/issues to management
- Keep informed of any changes to processes and procedures, regulatory change and ensure open verbal dialogue with colleagues across the region
- Identify and execute process improvements, provide guidance and support on key process and technology initiatives to the business
- A working knowledge of KYC/Compliance/AML procedures and standards
- Knowledge of multiple client types (i.e. Corporates, SPV, Trust, F.I.’s. etc.)
- Knowledge of ﬁnancial industry with in-depth expertise in various lines of business (Corporate Investment Bank and heritage lines of business)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong time management, organizational, relationship building skills
- Quality client focus, strong controls mind-set and strong customer service skills(e.g. oral and written communication skills)
- Prior experience of adhering to controls and compliance standards
- Ability to grasp/learn concepts and procedures quickly
Qualification & Experience:
- Knowledge of KYC & Client onboarding is preferred with at least 2-4 years experience (Audit, Control, Risk, AML, and Research may also be areas of experience)
- B.S. Degree or equivalent