J.P. Morgan Asset Management's Equities Group manages a broad range of regional and cross-border equity investment strategies globally.
With 449 investment professionals in 11 countries and 13 locations, the Equities teams globally are focused on providing global insights with local delivery. The teams have dedicated portfolio managers, research analysts and traders with expertise in small, mid and large market capitalization equities as well as a range of investment styles. These investment professionals are responsible for the management and execution of J.P. Morgan Asset Management's proprietary investment processes in key geographical locations worldwide.
The Research Analyst will be an active member of the US Equity Growth research team, contributing to the investment process by researching companies across various healthcare subsectors and market capitalizations reporting to two senior healthcare analysts with the objective of producing actionable investment recommendations.
• Performing thorough fundamental analysis of a company’s business and financial position, the quality of the franchise, the sustainability of its competitive advantage and growth potential
• Focusing on gaining a differentiated fundamental perspective on companies by conducting independent research by examining SEC filings, historical financial statements, examining appropriate industry data, speaking to industry contacts, designing surveys, attending industry conferences/trade shows, and meeting with management teams
• Building and maintaining financial models to estimate future earnings, cash flow potential, and an appropriate valuation framework
• Identifying important secular, cyclical, and other themes affecting industry market share and other key industry dynamics
• Identifying companies and producing investment recommendations within a broad coverage universe consistent with the team’s investment philosophy and process
• Initiating and maintaining written and verbal communication with the Senior Analysts and Portfolio Managers
• Building and maintaining industry-level data and performance analyses for Senior Analysts and Portfolio Managers
• 3-5 years of related industry experience, including buyside or sell-side research
• Life sciences education or research experience preferred but not necessary
• CFA preferred
• Passion for the stock market and investing generally
• Superior analytical skills, attention to detail, and ability to multi-task
• Strong work ethic and initiative and positive, team-first attitude imperative
• Excellent financial modeling and equity valuation skills
• Effective communication skills, both written and verbal
• Interest/knowledge of growth investing a plus
Please note that J.P. Morgan will not accept unsolicited approaches or speculative CVs, nor will J.P. Morgan be responsible for any related fees, from Third Party Firms who are not preferred suppliers.
The firm invites all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities.
If you are a US or Canadian applicant with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, please contact us by calling (US and Canada Only) 1-866-777-4690. Please indicate the specifics of the assistance needed.