Regulatory Control Operations (RCO) is a global organization that operates as a critical partner to Asset Management, Commercial Banking and Corporate & Investment Bank and works closely with internal partners throughout CCB. Our employees embrace the Five Keys to a Great Customer Experience.
RCO consists of the following functions:
- Reconciliation Services
- Currency Transaction Reporting
- Court Orders and Levies
- Business Reporting & Analytics
Confirmations and Regulatory Reporting includes both Confirmations and Currency Transaction Reporting units.
Confirmations provides specific account information to third-party requestors that confirm the customer’s bank relationship and verifies deposits or account balances. This service provides information to assist customers with obtaining loans or lines of credit, satisfying annual audits or obtaining other financial services.
Currency Transaction Reporting (CTR) is responsible for filing Currency Transaction Reports (CTRs) with the Financial Crimes Enforcement Network (FinCEN), a government agency. Federal regulations require financial institutions to keep records and file reports on daily aggregated transactions that exceed $10,000 in cash. These cash reports are referred to as CTRs. Law enforcement agencies use CTRs to identify, detect and deter money laundering whether for a criminal enterprise, terrorism, tax evasion or other unlawful activity.
The Confirmations and Regulatory Reporting Change Management and Business Strategy Analyst may:
- Lead projects tied to business strategy, including system enhancements, by partnering with vendors and engaging key business stake holders, creating detailed project plans, and monitoring adherence to time lines and completion of deliverables.
- Interact with business users, including senior managers, to understand key business processes and translate business requirements into technical solutions.
- Partner with application development managers and project managers to translate business requirements into approved test scripts. Oversee testing, and documentation and reporting of results.
- Monitor system enhancements through UAT testing, sign-off and implementation.
- Engage with operations teams annually to review metrics. Identify new metrics, recommend modifications to existing metric calculations based on changes to the operating environment, and set appropriate stretch targets.
- Review metric performance, identifying trends and irregularities and developing and implementing remediation plans to address issues and missed targets on business identified metrics.
- Design and produce ad hoc reporting and develop business cases.
- Create and maintain reports for senior management and business unit operations managers.
- Identify and implement process improvements to streamline data collection and report creation.
- Liaise with key stakeholders and subject matter experts including Compliance, Investment Bank, Treasury Services, Consumer Bank, Technology, Legal and Internal Audit for various business and functional tasks.
- Develop an in-depth understanding of business systems. Apply knowledge to identify opportunities and to understand issues, determine solutions and resolve.
- Oversee creation and maintenance of process maps, including documentation of current state processes, roles and responsibilities, metrics, key challenges and risks and initiatives under-way or in plan.
- Partner with operations team to define a target operating model to optimize and streamline core and utility teams. Assist in defining end-to-end process flows, hand-offs, controls and metrics, and gain key stakeholder approval.
- Design, plan and oversee self audits of operations processes and systems, interpreting results and recommending improvements.
- Develop and modify training processes and materials and oversee training execution.
- Create partnerships with the various regional operations teams to drive value for scale, expanding centers of excellence, to create a single processing hub for better customer experience.
- Oversee multiple projects concurrently, working with project managers and other analysts to ensure overall project goals and timelines are met.
- Oversee the development of annual budget, unit cost, and headcount forecasts in partnership with operations team.
- Contribute to vendor oversight including annual contracts, monthly reporting and TPO (Third Party Oversight) action plans and closures.
- Drive engagement in Continuous Improvement culture, including employee submission of “Most Wanted Improvements” (MWIs) and “Just Do Its” (JDIs), and oversight of employee driven Production Management Reviews (PMRs).
- Bachelors degree or equivalent experience required
- Five or more years of operations, technology, financial, reporting or risk management experience
- Experience in process improvement, process mapping, and/or project management
- Direct or indirect management experience
- History of success working in a team environment
- Strong decision making capabilities and the ability to identify problems, propose solutions, and influence change
- Proactive self-starter with the ability to deliver value-added support to business partners in a dependable, timely and accurate manner
- Flexibility and willingness to accept new assignments and challenges in a rapidly changing environment
- Finds opportunities to add/create value
- Negotiates to find creative solutions to reach goals of the group and achieve win/win solutions.
- Detail-oriented individual with strong issue resolution, time management and organizational skills
- Demonstrated ability to positively interface with other departments, colleagues and senior management
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills - ability to summarize findings into concise high level points geared to the audience
- Advanced MS Office skills (Excel, Access, PowerPoint, and SharePoint)
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and multitask