About JP Morgan Asset Management
J.P. Morgan Asset Management, with client assets of $2.4 trillion, is a global leader in investment and wealth management. Its clients include institutions, high-net-worth individuals and retail investors in every major market throughout the world. The division offers investment management across all major asset classes including equities, fixed income, alternatives, multi-asset and money market funds. For individual investors, the business also provides retirement products and services, brokerage and banking services including trusts and estates, loans, mortgages and deposits.
J.P. Morgan Asset Management Global Investment Management is a leading investment manager of choice for institutions, financial intermediaries and individual investors, worldwide. With a heritage of more than two centuries, a broad range of core and alternative strategies, and investment professionals operating in every major world market, we offer investment experience and insight that few other firms can match.
- Clear focus on managing client assets and delivering strong risk-adjusted returns
- More than 1,300 investment professionals providing strategies spanning the full spectrum of asset classes, including equity, fixed income, cash liquidity, currency, real estate, hedge funds and private equity
- Leadership positions in the U.S., U.K., Continental Europe, Asia, and Japan
J.P. Morgan Asset Management is the marketing name for the investment management businesses of JPMorgan Chase & Co. and its affiliates worldwide.
Global Investment Management Core Operations supports functions for the Front and Middle Office groups. Functions in Investment Management Core Operations include Portfolio Services, Cash Operations, Reconciliations, Fee Billing and CSA.
JPMorgan Asset Management Risk is looking to hire a staff member to join the Risk Operation team, focusing on account reviews and analysis. The team is responsible for coordinating and providing risk oversight for client accounts, ensuring fiduciary responsibilities are upheld. The candidate manage a team that will review and analyze client accounts including agreed upon guideline restrictions, review account activity within and assess breaches that have occurred. The team partners with the broader Risk department, Operations, and Client and Portfolio managers.
- Review trends and summary account information to identify discrepancies, gaps and risks
- Summarize account activity, document changes over a period of time and escalate abnormal activity
- Analyze account breaches and identify root cause, trends and identify recommendations
- Regular reporting and tracking of process and results identified in analysis
- Identify, discuss and resolve account discrepancies and / or issues with business partners
- Proactively identify opportunities to improve processes and reduce operational risks
- Adhere to policies and procedures, implementing necessary controls to improve processes
- Assist in preparing ad-hoc reports and presentations for senior management
- Minimum 3 years experience working in an analytical role
- Minimum 2 yeas management experience
- Understanding of asset management business and different portfolio types
- Knowledge of client and regulatory guideline restrictions and impact to investments
- Strong analytical skills with understanding of cause and effect
- Ability to work and solve problems independently, and proven track record for delivery
- Attention to detail, strong organization and processing skills, with ability to recognize macro-level themes
- Solid knowledge of financial products and investment strategies
- Proficient with using Microsoft products including PowerPoint, Access and Excel
- Excellent communication skills
- Good team player who can work well with colleagues of various levels