As an experienced Software Engineer, your mission is to help lead our team of innovators and technologists toward creating next-level solutions that improve the way our business is run. Your deep knowledge of design, analytics, development, coding, testing and application programming will help your team raise their game, meeting your standards, as well as satisfying both business and functional requirements. Your expertise in various technology domains will be counted on to set strategic direction and solve complex and mission critical problems, internally and externally. Your quest to embracing leading-edge technologies and methodologies inspires your team to follow suit. And best of all, you’ll be able to harness massive amounts of brainpower through our global network of technologists from around the world.
Machine learning is one of the most exciting areas in computer science today. Smart machines are already embedded and integral to much of what people do. At the same time, our ability to collect and work with large data sets which fuel ML algorithms has seen tremendous progress over the last decade. At JPMorgan, we have a tremendous opportunity to be at the forefront of the ML revolution. We have the technical problems, we have the data sets, and we have the financial incentives to see deep and effective implementations.
As a core systems developer focused on machine learning for the Corporate and Investment Bank, you will be engaged to solve complex business problems with high quality machine learning solutions. A demonstrated enthusiasm for machine learning is a must. An ability to lean on experts, both within and outside of your direct organization is going to be critical for success. You will be at the center of defining how we build and deploy systems around intelligent algorithms. We need a proven dev-to-prod track record with strong potential for growth into a core technical leadership position.
We're looking for humble, enthusiastic, bright and personable people with strong communication skills and deep enthusiasm for machine learning.
- Working closely and seamlessly with machine learning experts.
- Implementing clean APIs and frameworks to be generalized to a number of banking problems, in a number of different languages and platforms.
- Partnering with embedded development teams.
- Taking ownership for all offered services.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
- Expertise in application, data and infrastructure architecture disciplines
- Advanced knowledge of architecture, design and business processes
- Keen understanding of financial control and budget management
- Ability to work collaboratively in teams and develop meaningful relationships to achieve common goals
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science
- Demonstrated experience building and deploying solutions
- 6+ years’ experience as a core systems developer
- Experience in statically typed, OO languages like Java or C#
- Experience in dynamically typed “scripting” languages, like Python
- Demonstrated track record of success deploying and maintaining systems
- Demonstrated passion and aptitude for machine learning
- Proven open mindedness, adaptability and strong communication
Desirable (but not essential):
- Machine learning tools, like TensorFlow
- Big data, and big data toolset experience
Our Corporate & Investment Bank relies on innovators like you to build and maintain the technology that helps us safely service the world’s important corporations, governments and institutions. You’ll develop solutions for a bank entrusted with holding $18 trillion of assets and $393 billion in deposits. CIB provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk, and extends liquidity in markets spanning over 100 countries around the world.
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you’re not just working at a global financial institution. You’re an integral part of one of the world’s biggest tech companies. In 14 technology hubs worldwide, our team of 40,000+ technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $9.5B+ annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will not only transform the financial services industry, but also change the world.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we’re building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you’re looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.