As a member of our Infrastructure Development team, you’ll immediately put your love of technology into action. Each day, you and your team will be responsible for making sure our platforms, servers and networks are online and secure. You’ll work together, evaluating, selecting, implementing, integrating, maintaining, upgrading, documenting and designing our infrastructure. You’ll find new and creative solutions to troubleshoot and resolve issues. Communication is key, both in problem solving with your supervisors and collaborating with your coworkers, as well as other teams in the network.
This position is anticipated to require the use of one or more High Security Access (HSA) systems. Users of these systems are subject to enhanced screening which includes both criminal and credit background checks, and/or other enhanced screening at the time of accepting the position and on an annual basis thereafter. The enhanced screening will need to be successfully completed prior to commencing employment or assignment.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
Ability to articulate and share clear, concise complex technical findings to management in understandable terms
Maintains proficiency in these key areas:
Hardware Architecture (performance testing, monitoring, operations)
Hardware Benchmarking (Agile, program managements, network management)
Design (compliance, security)
Network Engineering (planning, provision):
Proficiency in more than one specific infrastructure technology
Ability to execute with understanding of best practices and JPMC policies top of mind
Ability to collaborate with high-performing teams and individuals throughout the firm to accomplish common goals
Experience as an Infrastructure Developer automating complex technical processes (Perl, Python, Shell Scripts)
5+ years of experience and a high level of proficiency in DB2 9.x and above
Experience with redundancy and resiliency applied to create a high availability service(HADR)
- Experience on Q-replication
- Experience with production support of highly available applications
- Focus on customers, ownership, operations and the ability to deliver results
- Position requires active participation in design review, specific to a tailored solution in order to meet a specific client request in the production estate
- Experience of working within an ITIL framework
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to manage dependencies, proactively anticipate and deal with issues
- Capable of working effectively within a distributed global development team
- Documents small-to medium-scale projects and delivers presentations with minimal supervision.
- Dissects complex situations and refocuses on critical technology tasks.
- Experience in project work, incident management and resolution, change management, patching, release support are a plus
- Knowledge of system performance monitoring and operational capacity management
Our Global Technology Infrastructure Group is filled with innovators who love technology as much as you do. Together, you’ll use a disciplined, innovative and cost-effective approach to deliver a wide variety of high-quality products and services. You’ll work in a stable, resilient and secure operating environment where you—and the products you deliver—will thrive.
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Company, you're not just working at a global financial institution. You're an integral part of one of the world's biggest tech companies. In 14 technology hubs worldwide, our team of 40,000 technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $9.5B+ annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will not only transform the financial services industry, but also change the world.
At JPMorgan Chase & Company we value the unique skills of every employee, and we're building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you're looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies around the world, we want to meet you.