JPMorgan Chase is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.5 trillion and operations in more than 60 countries. The firm is a leader in investment banking, commercial banking, financial services for small business and consumers, financial transaction processing, asset management and private equity.
The Credit Risk Stress and Margin team (“CRSM”) works within Credit Risk to measure and manage the exposure from trading activity across numerous asset classes and client types. Client types are primarily Hedge Funds and traditional Asset Managers but also include Banks and Broker Dealers, Insurance Companies, Pensions and Corporates. All products and asset classes that these clients can trade are in scope. This includes, but is not limited to the following: listed equities and Futures, all OTC derivatives including cleared and intermediated trades, structured products, repos, TBAs, FX and more. The CRSM team is organized into two collaborative stripes. One focused on the risk management of the Derivatives Clearing businesses and one focused on Portfolio Risk and Margin Methodologies. Both stripes also work together to support the ongoing development and enhancement of the strategic risk and stress platform.
This is an Analyst or Associate level role based in New York with a focus on the Derivatives Clearing business. The Clearing business provides clearing, intermediation, and execution services for Hedge Funds and other Prime Services clients globally across asset classes. The candidate is expected to have a good understanding and knowledge of derivatives (cleared and OTC swaps), futures, options and financial markets. The role will involve working with a diverse set of products Rates, FX, Credit, Commodities and Equities. The analyst will have the opportunity and be expected to cross l with the Portfolio Risk and Margin Methodologies stripe in CRSM.
- Perform quantitative risk analyses on multi asset class portfolios including futures, swaps and options; analyze trading strategies, developing statistical models and perform portfolio simulations.
- Assess and monitor client trading
- Perform quantitative and scenario analysis of multi asset class portfolios or individual trades
- Monitor markets and geopolitical developments to understand impact on client portfolios
- Work with Credit Officers and management to help them understand position and portfolio risks
- Identify notable trends and material changes in client portfolios and across products and LOBs
- Identify concentrated or concerning risk positions and work with Business and risk partners to ensure they are appropriately managed
- Participate and where appropriate lead technology initiatives to implement tactical and long-term solutions to better risk manage CRSM’s work load.
- Create and deliver presentations to management on strategic initiatives
Must possess the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in a discipline such as Financial Engineering, Mathematics, Physics, Statistics, Engineering, Finance and/or Economics.
- Strong understanding of derivatives valuation models and the various parameters and conditions affecting these products
- Ability to communicate results of analysis or underlying risk concepts clearly and succinctly (both written and verbal)
- Strong project management and communication skills
- Adept with Excel and familiarity with Bloomberg or Reuters-Eikon
- Prior experience working at a financial institution in a market, credit risk role, or trading capacity or in a role with a focus on derivatives clearing and F&O exchange traded products.
- Knowledge of risk management including VaR, scenario analysis and stress testing.
- Master’s degree or CFA or FRM designations are preferred