J.P. Morgan Asset & Wealth Management, with client assets of $2.4 trillion, is a global leader in investment and wealth management. Its clients include institutions, high-net-worth individuals and retail investors in every major market throughout the world. The division offers investment management across all major asset classes including equities, fixed income, alternatives, multi-asset and money market funds. For individual investors, the business also provides retirement products and services, brokerage and banking services including trusts and estates, loans, mortgages and deposits.
A critical priority for Asset and Wealth Management (AWM) is to ensure that high-quality data is available to run our business and meet our clients' needs. The Asset Wealth Management (AWM) Chief Data Office (CDO) defines AWM's data strategy and support for the core data used across AWM and needed to run our business, such as client data, reference data, product data, securities and pricing data, transactions and holdings, and index data. The AWM CDO is positioned in the Asset Wealth Management Operations division, within AWM Center. We work with the AWM business and Firm wide CDO to analyze data, ensure data governance and data quality standards are in place, look for efficiencies in business processes, and work with our technology partners to implement solutions.
The Wealth Management (WM) Product Data Strategy Project Manager / Business Analyst will be part of the global program across WM (PBA, IPB, CWM, JPMS) to align the product data framework to support new strategic product enhancements/maintenance of product attributes to enable delivery of additional product types. PM/BA will coordinate activities to define, implement and execute the product data strategy for maintenance, distribution and consumption of golden source product data, as well as adoption of product hierarchies, strategic product data governance and operating procedures across Wealth Management. This strategic role will coordinate with WM technology to build the target state system of record / golden source for product master data to support various business and functional teams and applications.
· Define and manage data requirements across business teams, operations, risk and finance for a global Product Master in WM
· Analyze current product data sources and processes to determine gaps and points for standardization across existing operations teams
· Serve as the Data Steward within AWM CDO for WM Product data, and work with information architects to develop conceptual and logical data model
· Once implemented, drive adoption of golden source product data via the target state distribution framework (EDPI), and implement data quality standards and processes with data content owners
· Collaborate with business, compliance, risk and technology to plan, manage, and track the program and project workstreams, including any evolving risks and issues; Document and track indicators of performance and quality metrics related to the project
· Partner with the WM organization to deliver the global product master and related product hierarchies and ensure all data related issues are understood, tracked and resolved
· Partner with global working group to design and implement enhancements to existing processes and/or business applications, introduce new processes and/or toolsets, and engage in process re-engineering as needed
· Apply a critical eye in evaluating existing processes and frameworks; challenge the status quo and recommend solutions / enhancements to operating models and controls
· Produce high level summaries, presentations, and updates for senior management and stakeholders; Document and update materials and agenda for steering committee and various working groups
· Develop and nurture partnerships with key stakeholders across WM business, operations, technology as well as firmwide and AWM CDO.
· Bachelors Degree required
· Minimum of 10 years of experience in a major financial services organization, with business analysis and project management experience
· Financial Industry Experience required, preferably Private Banking, Investment Management, or Brokerage/IB
· Knowledge of Wealth Management Product data required, and experience in WM operations / data onboarding and maintenance preferred
· Strong Knowledge of best practices for Business Requirements Documents (BRD’s) and agile development
· Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, be flexible, follow tight deadlines, organize and prioritize work
· Excellent organizational and planning skills; Ability to take a project from inception to completion
· Demonstrated track record of outstanding team building, leadership, project management and problem solving skills in a matrix environment
· Ability to analyze and resolve project-related issues and follow through with set objectives
· Excellent understanding and hands on experience with business analysis and project management methodologies
· Advanced skills with the core MS Office suite (Excel, Word, and PowerPoint), standard PM tools (e.g. MS Project) and process-mapping tools (e.g. MS Visio, etc.)
· Outstanding program management and delivery skills
· Strategic thinker with the ability to quickly define and deconstruct problems leveraging strong analytical and end-to-end problem solving skills.
· Ability to manage relationships across all Wealth Management functions (business, operations, technology, risk and compliance)
· Possesses excellent judgment, knows when to escalate complex issues to senior management or functional partners with relevant expertise.
· Excellent communication skills; able to present information in differing degrees of detail and form depending on audience; experienced in creating presentations for senior management
· Strong interpersonal leadership, partnership and influencing skills - ability to interact with colleagues at all levels in a peer-like manner and achieve goals without direct control over resources.
Please note that J.P. Morgan will not accept unsolicited approaches or speculative CVs, nor will J.P. Morgan be responsible for any related fees, from Third Party Firms who are not preferred suppliers.
The firm invites all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities.
If you are a US or Canadian applicant with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, please contact us by calling (US and Canada Only) 1-866-777-4690. Please indicate the specifics of the assistance needed.