JPMorgan Chase is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.5 trillion and operations in more than 60 countries. The firm is a leader in investment banking, commercial banking, financial services for small business and consumers, financial transaction processing, asset management and private equity.
The Technology Operational Risk Office (Technology ORO) is a firm-wide group within Risk with oversight responsibility for the implementation of the JPMC Operational Risk Management Framework (ORMF) for Global Technology. The Technology ORO provides an independent view of Technology & Cybersecurity risk to the firm’s management and Board of Directors. The Technology ORO interacts directly with executive leadership, key functional areas of Technology and Operational Risk Officers across lines of business.
Technology Operational Risk Office – E-Trading Lead
The E-Trading Lead will act as the primary liaison in Technology ORO to the corresponding E-Trading business, technology and Operational Risk functions.
E-Trading Lead VP
Key responsibilities include:
Technology Risk/Operational Risk
Lead identification and analysis of risk concentrations within the technology areas and provide an independent assessment of the inherent risk, mitigating controls, and residual risk. Recommend any adjustments as required to meet JPMC policy, regulatory requirement, and industry best practices.
Assist Line-of-Business Operational Risk Officers in determining the appropriate consideration of technology risk management and risk events
Monitor for external events which may be relevant to technology scenario analysis
Work with Corporate and LOB Technology to identify and define common scenarios including, but not limited to Cyber scenarios
Effective Challenge and Emerging Risks
Operational Risk Analysis and Reporting
Develop and perform ongoing analysis of loss events, near miss events and external events and ensure these are used to inform RCSA results, technology assessments and scenario analysis
Understand requirements for Technology to meet heightened standards for operational risk management and monitor completion of any activities required
Primary Interfaces within CIB:
- CIB E-Trading businesses and support functions
- Business Control Officers (1st Line of Defense)
- Technology Control Officers (1st line of Defense)
- Operational Risk (2nd Line of Defense)
- 10-15 years’ experience in the development and oversight of systems that support an electronic trading environment in a financial services company
- Thorough knowledge of Markets Front Office systems and electronic trading platforms with a deep understanding of current and emerging technologies is required
- Ability to understand complex technical systems and the business processes they support and synthesize the corresponding risks and controls; recommend adjustments if required.
- Understanding of technology risk management and control principles
- Proven ability to anticipate and identify risks and effective mitigations
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, inquisitive nature, and comfort constructively challenging current practices
- Confidence to take ideas forward and to challenge others, where appropriate
- Adept at developing relationships with senior business and IT executives
- Highly disciplined, able to work with limited supervision and make independent decisions with a track record of leading by influence
- Strong organizational, project management, and multi-tasking skills with demonstrated ability to manage expectations and deliver results
- Highly Desired:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Security or related field; post graduate degree in same areas
- Previous Operational Risk or Audit experience
- Financial services or experience in a highly-regulated technical environment