Primary responsibility involves performing Business Analysis and Database Marketing functions for the execution of complex portfolio marketing campaigns and projects. The successful candidate will have excellent interpersonal and analytical skills. They will also act as a consultant and address operational concerns and will make recommendations to streamline processes/campaigns.
- Responsible for the development and execution of code to define customer populations to be targeted in complex marketing campaigns.
- Requires the ability to assess information extracted from multiple data sources, resolve inconsistencies, and transform high-level information into a detailed technical specification document.
- The candidate will also distinguish between requestors' wants and needs and to challenge assumptions in the programs and will recommend alternative solutions to technical and business related problems.
- Develop code based on technical specifications to extract and process large volumes of customer and account data.
- The candidate will need to validate, audit and test the output produced from their documents to ensure that the programs meets the original request.
- Adhere to the department’s code development and documentation procedures. Provides recommendations and feedback on how to improve or implement strong control procedures.
- The candidate may also direct efforts with internal and external stakeholders to coordinate end to end process delivery.
- Provide support on Adhoc requests and special projects as assigned.
- Requires 5+ years of related Business Analyst experience.
- Experience in manipulating large amounts of data preferably via standard SAS procedures such as Proc Freq, Proc Format, Proc Sort, Proc SQL, and Proc Summary as well as traditional SAS data step programming.
- A background in marketing operations, direct marketing or data analysis.
- Experience using customer targeting marketing software (such as Teradata Customer Interaction Manager) is a plus.
- Strong analytical skills demonstrated by previous work experiences.
- Candidate should be detail-oriented, technically astute, and possess strong verbal and written communication and organizational skills.
- Solid understand of credit card marketing programs is desired.
- Familiarity or experience in operations, direct marketing, and data analysis in a banking or financial institution environment a strong plus.
- Proficiency with Microsoft office is required and advanced Microsoft Excel knowledge is desired.
Please note that J.P. Morgan will not accept unsolicited approaches or speculative CVs, nor will J.P. Morgan be responsible for any related fees, from Third Party Firms who are not preferred suppliers.
The firm invites all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities.
If you are a US or Canadian applicant with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, please contact us by calling (US and Canada Only) 1-866-777-4690. Please indicate the specifics of the assistance needed.