JP Morgan Chase
JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with operations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small business, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Information about JPMorgan Chase & Co. is available at http://www.jpmorganchase.com/
Our Firmwide Risk Function
Our Firmwide Risk function is focused on cultivating a stronger, unified culture that embraces a sense of personal accountability for developing the highest corporate standards in governance and controls across the firm. Business priorities are built around the need to strengthen and guard the firm from the many risks we face, financial rigor, risk discipline, fostering a transparent culture and doing the right thing in every situation. We are equally focused on nurturing talent, respecting the diverse experiences that our team of Risk professionals bring and embracing an inclusive environment.
Chase Consumer & Community Banking (CCB) serves consumers and small businesses with a broad range of financial services, including personal banking, small business banking and lending, mortgages, credit cards, payments, auto finance and investment advice. Consumer & Community Banking Risk Management partners with each CCB sub-line of business to identify, assess, prioritize and remediate risk. Types of risk that occur in consumer businesses include fraud, reputation, operational, credit, market and regulatory, among others
The VP-Risk Strategy & Execution role will be responsible for managing critical initiatives, and is a highly visible role across the Chase Consumer & Community Banking (CCB) Risk organization. Key attributes include the ability to effectively communicate and interact with business leaders, problem structuring skills, and thought leadership. The Risk Strategy and Execution, VP will demonstrate proven skills to lead projects in a fast paced environment spanning Risk Management functions as well as IT and business.
- Manage multiple high priority initiatives in the CCB Risk organization
- Work closely with business leadership to define requirements and develop solutions; create order out of ambiguity; set direction
- Deliver insightful recommendations in a persuasive and thoughtful manner
- Build consensus and effectively influence senior stakeholders with disparate priorities
- Adopt a pragmatic approach in driving projects from ideation stage to execution
- Develop granular project plans with clear delineation of roles, tasks, milestones, and measures of success
The ideal candidate has experience successfully delivering broad complex projects. He/she has strong analytical skills, is highly confident, collaborative, detail oriented, and thrives in a high-pressure and high-expectations environment. He/she has a strong presence, superior influencing skills, is comfortable working directly with senior executives, effectively communicating and discussing strategic business considerations and project details at the appropriate level. To be successful this individual will build and leverage partnerships across business groups and follow best practices for project delivery and reporting. They must be able to resolve conflicts while escalating and/or proactively identifying solutions and solving problems early in the project process. This individual must be able to create project management artifacts for assigned projects (including project plans, issue logs, risk and watch items) while also ensuring priorities and deadlines are achieved and communicated effectively with various levels of stakeholders and management. This role requires a strong ability to convey project information in concise fashion to team members, as well as senior leadership
- 7+ years of business management or consulting experience with a proven record of high performance
- Understanding of the development life cycle including design, planning, development, testing, implementation
- Demonstrated problem solving orientation and ability to create structured quantitative and qualitative analyses.
- Deep expertise in financial services industry
- Solid functional knowledge, including but not limited to strategy, business development, product development, project management, etc.
- Critical thinking, thought leadership and proven business acumen
- Skills to communicate complex ideas effectively
- A demonstrated bias for action
- Demonstrated leadership ability in a team environment. You should be someone who frequently takes initiative and is eager to break new ground and create opportunities for others.
- Exceptional presentation and oral/written communication skills
- Relationship builder – who is solutions oriented and can effectively link the interest of multiple stakeholders
- Strong personal initiative and good judgment
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or related field; Master’s degree preferred
- Preferred experience in consulting, credit risk management, or internal strategy roles in the Consumer financial services industry