JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.6 trillion and operations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small business, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Information about JPMorgan Chase & Co. is available at http://www.jpmorganchase.com/
The Global Compliance Operations (GCO) organization provides management and oversight associated with operational support for Global Compliance including the development of operational centers of excellence for compliance functions which are operational in nature including: Alert Operations (Level 1 Alerts Disposition), OFAC/Client Screening, Due Diligence, Look-Backs, Disclosure of Interest, Account Activity Reviews, Personal Account Dealing, and Licensing & Registration.
The GCO team is responsible for supporting and leading aspects of the firm's Anti-Money Laundering (AML) program. The team works closely with the AML Program Management Office, Global Financial Crimes Compliance and the enterprise-wide control program teams to identify, remediate and track issues, and develop controls to sustain improvements as they are made. The company's responsibilities related to Anti-Money Laundering span every business, function and region - and apply to every customer and client of the firm.
Alert Operations is tasked with the establishment, management, and oversight of operational groups performing Level 1 Alert dispositions, new Alert Channel implementations, Line of Business (LOB) escalations and UAT for the new strategic transaction monitoring system (Mantas) and Operations recruiting office. The Alert Analysis team provides the AML Investigations unit with an initial formal assessment of potential Money Laundering (ML), Terrorist Financing (TF) and other nefarious activity based on system and manually sourced alerts, consistent with global standards.
Successful Alert Analyst candidates possess strong processing and analytical skills, along with the ability to work independently, take initiative and adapt to change. In addition, successful candidates are quick learners that will be able to readily understand banking and AML concepts and issues, exercise sound judgment, and observe the highest degree of confidentiality in the handling information received in connection with their responsibilities.
- Perform intake controls to ensure all Alerts are logged and assigned in a timely manner
- Collect and document data, including alert, investigation, or Suspicious Activity Report (SAR) history; Know Your Customer (KYC) information; relevant account and transaction data; plus any other required information to assist the investigation
- Review and analyze underlying data gathered to assess reasonable cause to escalate an Alert to Investigations or to clear the Alert
- Disposition and fully document all alerts, including supporting data, analysis and rationale for disposition, within the case management system in a timely manner
- Build relationships with AML Investigations units, effectively communicating and transferring information for case investigations
- Conduct periodic internal account / customer reviews to identify potentially suspicious activity
- Function as a key contributor and demonstrate knowledge of AML issues as well as broader functional knowledge
- Participate in individual and department goal development and execute on tactical strategies for goal attainment
- Preferred experience in AML, Compliance, or related position AND/OR relevant course work in criminology, law, logic as well as auditing and other business courses
- Exceptional research and analytical skills with the demonstrated ability to analyze and decipher large amounts of data, and disposition appropriately
- Proven ability utilizing multiple systems concurrently to gather and analyze data
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Excel including the ability to create a pivot, run a macro, and use shortcuts and Control keys; proficiency with Word and Outlook
- Adept at multi-tasking and meeting strict deadlines in a fast-paced production environment
- Ability to be flexible in an evolving environment
- Excellent communication skills – Verbal and Written to include strong documentation skills with the ability to clearly articulate alert disposition
- Strong interpersonal skills – ability to work well in a team and be able to communicate effectively with colleagues, customers, and clients
- Adherence to controls and standards
- Strong problem solving ability