JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.6 trillion and operations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small business, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Information about JPMorgan Chase & Co. is available at www.jpmorganchase.com.
Risk and Finance Technology (RFT) builds and supports the firm's financial infrastructure to ensure Finance professionals have access to the tools and information necessary to deliver drive success. In partnership with Global Finance Operations, Corporate Systems Infrastructure (CSi), and others, we deliver solutions that meet the requirements of our key clients. RFT provides technology support for general ledger, profitability, cost allocations, treasury, accounts payable, reference data, project accounting and fixed assets, and reporting tools and the Risk applications.
As an application developer, you will design, develop, test, and document functionality to satisfy requirements of one or more user areas.
This is a great opportunity to work on a cutting edge suite of applications within Credit Risk. These applications provide the CPG business an integrated platform to support PnL, daily billing, and risk reporting to manage the bank’s counterparty exposure.
• Work closely with business analysts, quantitative research team, and business users as part of a global team to interpret the requirements and evaluate alternative solutions
• Create technical design recommendations for developing and integrating programs per written specifications
• Perform unit testing and system integration testing of the newly developed functionality
• Examine applications to ensure adherence to Application Engineering guidelines, processes, and procedures
• Implement and test modifications to existing application modules in accordance with application support and industry standard
• Evaluate production issues and suggested enhancements escalated by Service Delivery Team to diagnose and address underlying system problems and inefficiencies
- 5+ years of overall software development experience; Python experience preferred, otherwise solid experience in C++, Java, or other OO language is a must
- Knowledge of version and revision control practices and procedures
- Working experience with database environment - understanding relational database structure and hands-on SQL knowledge to extract/manipulate data
- College degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Math, Physics, or similar area, specialized training and/or equivalent work experience
- At least 3+ years of experience in an Investment Bank (or similar) as a Developer
- Solid application design, development, and testing work experience
- Strong analytical/problem solving skills
- Strong sense of ownership, ability to work independently, and have strong communication skills
- Experience in the finance industry and/or Credit Risk/Product (Derivatives, F&O, Securities) business knowledge is a plus