JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2 trillion and operations in more than 60 countries. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers, small business and commercial banking, financial transaction processing, asset management, and private equity.
Data Acquisition and Control (DAC) is a strategic component of the Finance - Risk Infrastructure and is a business operations area within Corporate Finance. We are responsible to source, control and monitor the timeliness, completeness, accuracy, reconciliation with General Ledger of all wholesale/ retail transaction and position information, on behalf of Finance and Risk - Credit, Liquidity, Market, and Principal etc. The Finance – Risk project team is responsible for integrated program execution in partnership with Operations and Technology teams within Corporate Finance and Risk along with LOB teams. Projects can span across multiple products including Derivatives, Cash Securities, and Traditional Credit Products and the delivery of those initiatives across the Finance and Risk platform which includes the firm’s credit, liquidity, and finance infrastructures.
Working on the Finance Risk Projects Program, responsibilities include
- Developing partnerships with various upstream suppliers of data to Credit/Finance (e.g., Corporate Investment Bank, Asset Wealth Management, Business Banking, etc.) to understand their business, ensure completeness, timeliness and quality of their data and coordinate changes via the DAC thru the end to end environment.
- Establishing and documenting Business Requirements on behalf of the Finance and Risk BAU operations teams.
- Coordinating with all Credit and Finance consumers to ensure completeness of business requirements with a clear understanding of operational issues, and resolution and ownership of issues related to on-boarding new supplies.
- Developing and managing User Acceptance Test Plans associated with the sourcing of new or enhanced data supplies for Traditional Credit products both into the strategic environment as well as into the legacy environment.
- Personally executing certain portions of User Acceptance Testing.
- Managing the on-boarding of new products/supplies into the Finance – Risk environment and explaining all data quality issues of your assigned project to ensure the highest level of quality.
- Coordinating with consumer business leads on supply deliveries and managing the consumer signoff process.
- Documenting processes and procedures for new supplies and coordinating the hand over to the Finance and Risk Operations team for that supply.
- Performing Root Cause analysis around existing data quality issues within the Traditional Credit Product space.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Knowledge of the Finance and Risk business or specific Credit related products is a plus.
- Experience with the MS Office suite of products (Excel, PowerPoint, Word).
- Working knowledge of SQL.
- Previous Business Analysis experience and experience conducting/participating in User Acceptance Testing processes.
- Demonstrated superior problem solving and decision making skills.
- Candidate must identify issues, seek solutions and gain consensus regarding resolution approach.
- Ability to take a step back, view the bigger picture, and balance strategic objectives with the need to make interim tactical choices in order to sustain progress.
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills, ability to work with peer Middle Office and Technology staff as well as Front Office business contacts across Credit consumer organizations and other JPMorgan Chase lines of business.
- Previous Project Management experience and previous experience running large meetings with demonstrated success at achieving results and keeping deliverables on track.
- Demonstrated ability to focus on accuracy and attention to detail.
- Team player and adaptable to changing environment, with good interpersonal skills.
- Highly disciplined individual, self-motivated, and delivery-focused.
Qualifications - Internal
- 5+ years of program and/or project management experience required
- Strong core finance technical skills and solid understanding of finance processes, infrastructure and systems
- Strong project and process management skills
- Ability to lead and influence without having positional authority. Strong team-orientation and leadership skills.
- Experience managing across LOBs and regions.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to develop strong client relationships and gain consensus on key decisions
- Ability to communicate effectively at many levels of the organization including senior management
- Strong control orientation
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills; sound judgment
- Bachelors degree required, CPA / CFA helpful