About JP Morgan Asset Management
J.P. Morgan Asset Management, with client assets of $2.4 trillion, is a global leader in investment and wealth management. Its clients include institutions, high-net-worth individuals and retail investors in every major market throughout the world. The division offers investment management across all major asset classes including equities, fixed income, alternatives, multi-asset and money market funds. For individual investors, the business also provides retirement products and services, brokerage and banking services including trusts and estates, loans, mortgages and deposits.
J.P. Morgan Asset Management (Investment Management) is a leading investment manager of choice for institutions, financial intermediaries, and individual investors, worldwide. With a heritage of more than two centuries, a broad range of core and alternative strategies, and investment professionals operating in every major world market, we offer investment experience and insight that few other firms can match.
• Clear focus on managing client assets and delivering strong risk-adjusted returns
• Nearly 1,300 investment professionals providing strategies spanning the full spectrum of asset classes, including equity, fixed income, cash liquidity, currency, real estate, hedge funds and private equity
• Leadership positions in the U.S., U.K., Continental Europe, Asia, and Japan
J.P. Morgan Asset Management is the marketing name for the investment management businesses of JPMorgan Chase & Co. and its affiliates worldwide.
JPMIM’s Fixed Income Middle Office is responsible for supporting the overall Fixed Income investment process, primarily working with portfolio managers, client managers, traders, & risk management. The team’s core function is to ensure the accuracy of the investment decision making & trade-flow processes within front, middle and back-office systems, and to be fully accountable for the end-to-end operating environment. The group also oversees some risk management and business analysis functions and drives strategic projects.
This is a Vice President level role located at 270 Park, NY. The New York based team consists of 6-10 Professional, Associate & VP level team members and serves as the primary contact point for 30+ portfolio managers & traders. The Global Fixed Income group is currently implementing a new suite of front-office applications and is undergoing a process re-engineering effort aimed toward 100% straight-through processing (STP). This individual will be responsible for the development and ownership of a comprehensive end to end support model for the business with emphasis in derivatives strategy.
• Bachelors / Masters Degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics, Math or Computer Science
• Excellent communication skills; ability to articulate complex issues
• Dynamic leadership; must be able to lead discussions and influence people
• Organizational skills; track & troubleshoot complex issues and drive solutions
• Deep understanding of F.I. products; Bonds, MMkts & Derivatives (listed & OTC)
• Strong technical & analytical skills, expert level MS Excel skills
• Experience with internal/external financial systems (Bloomberg, Markit Partners, Barclays Point)
Other Beneficial Skills:
• Daily PnL Tracking & Performance Attribution
• Data Visualization / Infographics
• Project Management
• Database skills (Sybase / Oracle / MS Access)
• Programming languages (Visual Basic / C#)
• Financial Data vendors (Bloomberg / Thompson)
• Data Governance
• Analytics & Risk Measures
• CFA candidates