Business Control Office Associate – Securitized Products, Public Finance, IB Portfolio
JP Morgan’s Business Controls Office (BCO) is a business aligned first line of defense team responsible for setting standards and providing the tools and infrastructure that ensures the Corporate and Investment Bank has a strong front to back control environment deployed in mitigation of the Business’ inherent operating risks.
The Associate will work with Senior BCOs to establish governance and systems that identify and quantify inherent risk and establish risk tolerances in consultation with the process and risk owner. The BCO will oversee the end to end system of controls that mitigate inherent risk and drive a program through thematic reviews, risk analysis and control deep dives that continuously reduces that Business’ residual risk profile. To meet these objectives the BCO will partner closely with the Legal, Compliance, Business Management, Finance, Risk, Technology, Operations and Audit functions aligned to and supporting that Business.
On a day to day basis the BCO will be responsible for:
Risk and Control Self Assessment (RCSA)
- Coordinate weighting of inherent business risks and control assessment.
- Review and challenge control ratings and commentary.
- Present residual findings of RCSAs to business heads
Action Plan and Risk Analysis
- Facilitate timely and accurate completion of Action Plans and extensions
· Review evidence to support action plan closure
- Perform first level review and deep dive analysis on reported risk events to discover and address control gaps
- Investigate the root cause of risk events and monitor status of corrective actions
Business Control Forum (BCF) and Business Control Committees (BCC):
-The BCF and BCC provides the Business Heads of Trading a vehicle to review, assess and provide oversight of control and inherent/emerging risk issues across the business environment
- Manage the BCF and BCC process from start to finish: Collaborate with different functions to compile decks, face off with BCF and BCC members to refine content, coordinate meeting preparation, and present a portion of the control update
- Partner with central metrics team to formulate meaningful metrics relating to action plans, risk events, BCC/Rep Letter preparation and RCSA heatmaps
- Collaborate with the various lines of business and functions to compile decks for Securitized Products Group (SPG), Public Finance and Investment Bank Portfolio (IBP) BCC and Control Meetings, presented at a business head level
- Assist the team in Front Office supervision management: Front Office Supervision portal development and oversight including exception management, preparation of supervisory attestations, policy development, and implementation
- Serve as point of escalation for business on control related issues and risk management
- Represent business in regulatory reviews including OCC Exams, FINRA exams, and other regulatory meetings and reviews
- Manage offshore team members and serve as point person for offshore designated tasks
Please note that J.P. Morgan will not accept unsolicited approaches or speculative CVs, nor will J.P. Morgan be responsible for any related fees, from Third Party Firms who are not preferred suppliers.
The firm invites all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities.
If you are a US or Canadian applicant with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, please contact us by calling (US and Canada Only) 1-866-777-4690. Please indicate the specifics of the assistance needed.