JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2 trillion and operations in more than 60 countries. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers, small business and commercial banking, financial transaction processing, asset management, and private equity.
Global Services Operations (GSO) provides Level 1 & 2 support for JPMorgan Chase globally, consisting of Distributed Server Services, Global Storage Technologies, product management, middleware & messaging. GSO is responsible for managing the firm's global storage portfolio and global GTI Server portfolio across plan, build and operate. The organization drives product management, engineering standards and productivity initiatives for server across the firm, as well as managing selected application services, including web hosting, middleware, source code management and database management.
In the role of a Unix Security Administrator, the individual will be responsible to provide security support in a heterogeneous server (Sun, HP, IBM, Redhat) environment. Environment consists of Powerbroker, BoKS/Keon, MDS, LDAP, and eTrust applications. The role will be responsible for administering / maintaining Unix security as part of a 24x7 Follow-the-Sun Operating Model. The individual must be able to take ownership of issues and drive resolution through a large, complex global organization. The individual must also be very proactive in driving improvements throughout the enterprise and implementing industry best practices.
Bachelor in Computer Science with 1-5+ years of experience in a similar function
UNIX/Linux OS system level knowledge is a must
UNIX shell scripting, Python/Perl language knowledge is a must
Experience with support of global highly available infrastructure architecture
Kerberos authentication protocol/Active Directory/LDAP knowledge is a must
Experience with security configuration of Tomcat/Apache web servers. Including authentication and authorization.
Knowledge of TLS/HTTPS protocols and SSL certificates
BeyondTrust UNIX PowerBroker (PBUL) experience is a big plus
Experience with support of NoSQL data stores (ex. Elastic Search, Neo4j) is a plus
Minimum 5 years experience / proficiency as a Unix Systems Administrator in a large global enterprise environment
- Extensive experience of at least two Unix Operating Systems (Solaris, AIX or RedHat Linux), Shell scripts and Open SSH
- Industry knowledge of best practice Unix security for multi-tiered operating systems
- Familiarity with industry standard monitoring tools (Netcool and Tivoli)
- Good understanding of SUN, IBM and HP server hardware (HP DL series and AIX P series)
- Strong written and oral communication skills - ability to foster / maintain relationships with other technical teams & multiple layers of management throughout a global organization
- Structured approach to problem solving in a dynamic, mission critical environment of a large global organization
- Good team player, self starter with high attention to detail, ability to multitask and be results-driven
Related industry certifications preferred:
- Sun Certified Systems Administrator
- RedHat Certified Linux Administrator
- IBM Certified AIX Administrator
- ITIL v3 Certified