J.P. Morgan is a global leader in asset management services. As the Asset Management line of business in JPMorgan Chase & Co., we serve four distinct client groups through three businesses: institutional and retail clients through Investment Management, ultra high net worth clients through the Private Bank, and high net worth clients through Private Wealth Management. With assets under supervision of $1.7 trillion and assets under management of $1.2 trillion, we are one of the largest asset and wealth managers in the world.
J.P. Morgan Asset Management is a leading asset manager of choice for institutions, financial intermediaries and individual investors, worldwide. With a heritage of more than two centuries, a broad range of core and alternative strategies, and investment professionals operating in every major world market, we offer investment experience and insight that few other firms can match. With clear focus on managing client assets and delivering strong risk-adjusted returns, more than 650 investment professionals provides over 200 different strategies spanning the full spectrum of asset classes, including equity, fixed income, cash liquidity, currency, real estate, hedge funds and private equity and take leadership positions in America, U.K., Continental Europe, Asia, and Japan.
The candidate will function as a Business Analyst in the Funds Technology team. This individual will serve as liaison between technology and the business end-users. Work with the business to analyze business requirements and review/produce specifications for any new/change to business applications. Work with the development team to ensure that they understand the specifications. Additionally, you will document scenarios and identify roles impacted and help develop a change management plan. Generate applicable scenarios for the technology functionality testing team. Responsibilities:
- Identify, assess, and document business requirements, recommending business priorities, and advising business on options, risks, and costs.
- Conduct research to determine if solutions to business requirements currently exist within or outside the business unit, and if not, whether new solutions are feasible.
- Analyze impact of proposed solution across the business, develop use cases to explain/demonstrate business requirements/specifications to IT team, and contribute a business or process perspective during design reviews.
- Assist Quality Management team to ensure that requirements documentation can be easily translated into test plans, and ensure that the proper testing plans have been completed.
- Facilitate implementation of new functionality through training sessions, demos, and the development of appropriate documentation.
- Provide relevant test scenarios for the testing team.
- Work with test team to develop system integration test scripts and ensure the testing results correspond to the business expectations.
- College degree, or specialized training or equivalent work experience
- Minimum two years of relevant work experience
- Experience setting up test scenarios
- Experience/understanding of business process reengineering and business modeling concepts, business systems development and analysis
- Awareness of the business and IT strategy
- Basic understanding of the company's business practices and familiarity with the company's products and services
- Strong analytical skills and writing skills, to include solid experience in writing functional and technical specifications
- Asset Management product offerings and operations, and Vendor Management experience a plus