Working in Cybersecurity & Technology Controls takes pure passion for technology, speed, a constant desire to learn, and above all, vigilance in keeping every last asset safe and sound. You’ll be on the front lines of innovation, working with a highly-motivated team laser-focused on analyzing, designing, developing and delivering solutions built to stop adversaries and strengthen our operations. Your research and work will ensure stability, capacity and resiliency of our products and emerging industry trends. Working in tandem with your internal team, as well as technologists and innovators across our global network, your ability to identify threats, provide intelligent analysis and positive actions will stop adversaries and strengthen our data.
Corporate Technology & Risk (CTR) delivers streamlined and consistent solutions supporting JPMorgan Chase Controls, Compliance, Legal, HR and IT Risk agendas, with a focus on stability, delivery, efficiencies and people. The goal of CTR’s drive to standardization, consistency and simplicity is a JPMorgan Chase architecture that fosters long-term productivity, quality and innovation across the entire enterprise. The disciplines within this organization are Compliance Technology, Oversight & Controls Technology, Legal & e-Discovery, Identity & Access Management, IT Risk & Controls, HR Real Estate & Global Services Technology, and Third Party Risk Management.
As a Ruby on Rails Software Engineer, you will be a subject matter expert to provide high quality technology solutions that address business needs by developing applications within mature technology environments. This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or equivalent discipline and/or equivalent hands on software engineering experience.
- 5 plus years of software engineering experience
- Ruby 1.9.3 and 2.3, Rails 3.2+, Java and Oracle 11g+. experience a plus
- Experience with system design and architecture.
- Test scripts definition and testing experience.
- Experience creating APIs and microservices.
- Familiarity with Cloud technologies.
- Eagerness to participate in Agile practices such as standups, three amigos, and retrospectives.
- Ability to learn and actively seek new skills and knowledge to keep up with the changing technology field.
- Ability to work with project cycles and manage rapid changes.
- Ability to think outside the box, adapt to circumstances, learn from co-workers, and share information and experiences.
- Ability to be flexible and adapt to any given situation.
- Excellent customer service attitude, communication skills (written and verbal), and interpersonal skills, skills in dealing with a diverse population.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to make timely and sound decisions.
- Ability to work independently and in a team based environment.
- The desire to make a difference, to grow and learn, and to take responsibility for generating solid products is a must.
Your expertise in cyber, combined with your desire to provide innovative security services, will be an asset to our Cybersecurity team. Help deliver high-quality security solutions across all our lines of business around the world by creating, designing, implementing, and maintaining next-level technology. The work you’ll do is vital, as it will protect over $18 trillion of assets under custody and $393 billion in deposits every day.
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you’re not just working at a global financial institution. You’re an integral part of one of the world’s biggest tech companies. In 14 technology hubs worldwide, our team of 40,000+ technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $9.5B+ annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will not only transform the financial services industry, but also change the world.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we’re building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you’re looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.