JPMorgan Chase is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.5 trillion and operations in more than 60 countries. The firm is a leader in investment banking, commercial banking, financial services for small business and consumers, financial transaction processing, asset management and private equity.
The Wholesale Credit Risk Regulatory & Strategy team is responsible for the strategic coordination and development of solutions in response to credit risk regulatory matters and requests for the global Wholesale Bank. The group focuses on both emerging regulations and developed credit risk issues, which require strategic changes to existing processes with responsibilities for conceptualizing and designing new products, reengineering existing products and business processes to achieve business efficiencies, regulatory compliance and enable enhanced data collection and controls across the firm’s Wholesale business units.
Working directly with the Wholesale lines of business and critical corporate functions, the team partnerships closely with key stakeholders in Credit Risk Management, Corporate Technology, Finance, Model Research and Development, Regulatory Capital Management Office, Reporting and Wholesale Loan Operations to develop, implement and ensure understanding and acceptance of solutions.
The team is looking for an enthusiastic individual to join the team and work as an analyst in the firm’s Wholesale Problem Credit Management Program team.
Responsibilities will include:
- Perform analysis of current business processes, systems, and tools for credit risk management
- Assist in interpreting business requirements
- Document business requirements and enhancements to existing wholesale credit risk management
- Develop documentation to support the adoption of newly developed tools (procedure documents, guidelines and training material)
- Partner closely and communicate effectively with stakeholders
- Prepare materials for meetings as well as take and distribute minutes and follow ups
- Participate in quality assurance and user acceptance testing of the product roll-out
- Conduct ad hoc data analysis as needed
- Assist in preparation of pitches and reports for frequent meetings with senior management to encourage buy in of the solutions and process changes
- Assist with training materials to Credit Risk Personnel
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- Bachelors or higher degree
- Previous Credit Risk Management experience preferred
- Excellent analytical skills, especially pertaining to data and process analysis
- Strong problem-solving skills; inquisitive nature and comfortable in challenging current practices
- Must be detail oriented, needs to be able to investigate and solve for the details independently by partnering with relevant technology or business colleagues
- Innovative and creative thinker; ability to improve current processes and achieve efficiencies
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Critical thinking is a must, with ability to understand and document complex problem and develop solutions
- Experience working on complex projects in large organizations
- Applicants must be self-motivated and willing to pro-actively educate themselves in search of the best solutions
- Ability to organize/manage multiple priorities and projects coupled with the flexibility to adapt to changes in a fast-paced environment
- Must have experience with the following set of tools: Visio, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, MS Project