JP Morgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.3 trillion and operations in more than 60 countries. We serve millions of U.S. consumers and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients. We are a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers, small business and commercial banking, financial transaction processing, asset management and private equity.
J.P. Morgan is a global leader in asset and wealth management services. With assets under supervision of $2.0 trillion and assets under management of $1.4 trillion, we are one of the largest asset and wealth managers in the world.
A critical priority for Asset Management is to ensure that high-quality data is available to run our business and meet our clients' needs. The Asset Management Chief Data Office (CDO) was established in 2015 to define AWM's data strategy and support for the core data used across AWM.
A Data Domain Steward will own all aspects of data governance and oversight for a data domain, including but not limited to: data modeling, data definition, critical data elements, usage of data, data quality metrics, retention, and classification criteria, as well as oversight over the golden source for the data domain. The Data Domain Steward has oversight of the Technology team’s implementation of golden sources for a data domain while working closely with the Business Stakeholders to set the strategic direction. The Party & Account Domain Steward supports Party reference data (Name, Address, Party Type, IDs etc.), Account reference data (Account Types, Account Relationships, Account Communication etc.), and Entity Reference data (legal entity, hierarchies, industry codes, classifications etc).
Roles and Responsibilities
- Own the data definition and implement the data governance aspects for a domain ‘front to end’ from data definition to data consumption and ensure proper data quality and usage of the data
- Drive the programs to execute the roadmap for the Party & Account data domain
- Lead and manage the roll out of a global, business-wide data governance framework for the Party & Account data domain, with a focus on organization, policies and standards, principles, governance metrics, processes, related tools and data architecture
- Adhere to firm wide data management standards while implementing governance around party & account business terms data management
- Partner with business stakeholders, to ensure that data governance related business requirements are clearly defined, communicated, and well understood and considered as part of initiative prioritization and planning
- Define indicators of performance and quality metrics and implement a program to ensure compliance with data related policies, standards, roles and responsibilities, and adoption requirements for a data domain
- Coordinate all communications regarding program and project priorities in the data domain, including priorities, staging and adoption plans
- Ensure all projects are properly sourced, overseen and tracked and provide regular updates to the program manager on all projects in the data domain
- Prepare presentations and materials to be used in various meetings including (but not limited to) stakeholder reviews, project team meetings
- 5-10 years in Financial Services or Consulting in complex program and Stakeholder management
- Granular understanding of Financial reporting across a large global organization, and legal entity structures.
- General understanding of Party and Account reference data
- Knowledge and experience in data privacy, operations, technology functions and logical data model is preferred.
- Excellent communication and relationship skills, including the ability to negotiate between stakeholders across the organization to drive solutions and build consensus
- Results oriented, willingness to commit to a direction and drive initiative to completion
- Self-starter, able to prioritize work and align to business strategy
- Ability to break down complex problems and projects into manageable goals, and communicate accordingly
- Advanced skills with the core MS Office suite (Excel, Word, and PowerPoint); Familiarity with process-mapping tools (e.g. MS Visio, etc.)