JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.6 trillion and operations worldwide. When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co, you’re not just working at a global financial institution. You’re an integral part of one of the world’s largest tech companies. In 14 technology hubs worldwide, our team of over 40,000 technologists design, build and deploy everything from traditional enterprise technology to microservices to big data and mobile solutions. Our $9.5B+ annual investment in technology enable us to hire people to leverage and create state-of-the-art technology solutions.
Global Technology Infrastructure (GTI) is responsible for building and managing the technology infrastructure for the firm, delivering a wide range of products and services, and partnering with all lines of business to provide high quality service delivery. GTI maintains one of the largest hybrid cloud infrastructures in the world and is actively involved in transforming the firm’s infrastructure toward a fully automated, highly available, scalable and secure platform for the future.
You will be joining an elite team that is responsible for designing, building and managing a Data Center recovery environment for the purpose of bootstrapping a datacenter from an immutable set of images and configuration.
Our Strategy and Solutions Architecture team is seeking a Network/Firewall Infrastructure Developer to help design, implement and manage a shared environment where the firm’s infrastructure services and the thousands of applications that depend upon them can be hardened, scaled and made continuously available.
Your responsibilities will include:
• Designing and implementing the networking and firewall recovery framework required for the Data Center Recovery Environment.
• Ensuring that firmwide network security controls are enforced within the Data Center Recovery Environment
• Consulting with the core network and firewall teams to understand their architectures and security controls required for them to function correctly
• Develop automation for network and firewall devices that utilizes immutable images and configurations
• Verify ongoing compliance with necessary control procedures
• Effective and timely communication with partners in regard to project updates and troubleshooting progress
Hard Skills Required:
• 5+ years progressive experience and technical depth in one (or more) of the following technology areas: Network Security, Firewall Configuration, Data Security, Infrastructure Security, Endpoint/Platform Security, Security Analytics, Application Security, Shared Application Frameworks, Automated configuration management, Automated application deployment, or software development platforms
• 3+ years experience as a Network Security Architect or Developer
• Hands on experience with CheckPoint firewall appliances
• Experience in one or more of the following: Java, Python, Perl, C/C++ or Ruby.
• Experience with Agile Development methodologies and tools (Jira, etc.)
• Solid knowledge in Linux, Unix and/or Windows operating systems
• Solid knowledge of configuration management tools (Puppet/Ansible etc.) and monitoring tools
• Experience in Agile SDLC practices with a focus on continuous integration and continuous delivery pipeline automation and tooling, DevOps, distributed version control system, and agile methodologies.
• Understanding of Financial Services risk and control requirements
Extra Credit Skills:
• CheckPoint certification CCSPA or better
• Cisco Certification CCNP security or better
• Hands on experience managing CheckPoint Provider 1 systems.
• Hands on experience in configuring and managing cisco ASA
• Solid understanding of SDN/NFV and emerging products in the space (Illumio, Cumulus, etc.)
• Knowledge of performance and logging toolsets a plus (Elasticsearch, Kibana, Splunk, AppDynamics, etc.)
• Knowledge of cloud and virtualization technology a plus.
• Advanced Security Certifications (CISSP, CISM, CRISC) preferred
• Experience with datacenter automation / runtime automation
• Experience with cloud orchestration and automation desired
• Experience in a large enterprise environment desired
• Knowledge of one or more private cloud based technologies desired (e.g. vCloud, OpenStack, Cloud Foundry)
• Strong knowledge of or certification in AWS or Azure preferred
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we’re building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you’re looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.
Please note that J.P. Morgan will not accept unsolicited approaches or speculative CVs, nor will J.P. Morgan be responsible for any related fees, from Third Party Firms who are not preferred suppliers.
The firm invites all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities.
If you are a US or Canadian applicant with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, please contact us by calling (US and Canada Only) 1-866-777-4690. Please indicate the specifics of the assistance needed.