As an experienced Software Engineer, your mission is to help lead our team of innovators and technologists toward creating next-level solutions that improve the way our business is run. Your deep knowledge of design, analytics, development, coding, testing and application programming will help your team raise their game, meeting your standards, as well as satisfying both business and functional requirements. Your expertise in various technology domains will be counted on to set strategic direction and solve complex and mission critical problems, internally and externally. Your quest to embracing leading-edge technologies and methodologies inspires your team to follow suit. And best of all, you’ll be able to harness massive amounts of brainpower through our global network of technologists from around the world.
As a Machine Learning Expert for the Corporate and Investment Bank, you will be engaged to design and implement high quality solutions for the complex business problems we face at JPMorgan. Rewarding technical challenges, large data sets and the right financial incentives all fuel a tremendous opportunity for innovative and exciting machine learning projects. We want your help in applying image classification, natural language processing and other state of the art approaches to deliver commercially impactful solutions to the businesses we support.
You will be called upon to draw from your research and work experience to help us implement intelligent and practical models. The ideal candidate will have a deep understanding of the various techniques, algorithms and cutting edge practices in machine learning and will have insight into what works best in real-world situations. You will be at the center of prescribing, designing and building mission-critical solutions.
We're looking for humble, enthusiastic, bright and personable people with strong communication skills and a deep knowledge of machine learning. We want a proven track record in innovation with strong potential for growth into a leadership position.
- Choosing, extending and innovating ML solutions for various banking problems
- Applying ML techniques, such as data/text mining, document analysis, image/text classification, image processing and OCR
- Documenting and explaining the rationale and design considerations behind the selection of an ML approach
- Learning about and understanding our supported businesses in order to drive practical and successful solutions
- This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
- PhD or Master’s Degree in an ML-related field or demonstrated expertise in ML
- 7+ combined years of education, research, and professional experience in ML
- Hands-on, self-driven and self-supporting
- Ability to work collaboratively within our team and with other teams to achieve common goals
- Experience in classical ML techniques including classification, clustering, optimization, cross validation, data wrangling, feature selection, and feature extraction
- Expertise in at least one of these areas:
- Image processing, template matching, feature descriptors, CNNs
- Text-mining, NLP, bag-of-words, word2vec, RNNs, text clustering, NER
- Keras and Tensorflow
- Weka, RapidMiner or KNIME
- Tesseract or OCRopus
- spaCy or nltk
Our Corporate & Investment Bank relies on innovators like you to build and maintain the technology that helps us safely service the world’s important corporations, governments and institutions. You’ll develop solutions for a bank entrusted with holding $18 trillion of assets and $393 billion in deposits. CIB provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk, and extends liquidity in markets spanning over 100 countries around the world.
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you’re not just working at a global financial institution. You’re an integral part of one of the world’s biggest tech companies. In 14 technology hubs worldwide, our team of 40,000+ technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $9.5B+ annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will not only transform the financial services industry, but also change the world.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we’re building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you’re looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.