MMBSI Middle Market Banking & Specialized Industries (MMBSI) is a Commercial Banking business located in more than 100 offices across the US and Canada. MMBSI provides credit, cash management, capital markets and corporate finance advisory solutions to corporations, municipalities and not-for-profit entities via our Core Banking or Specialized Industries teams.
Core Banking teams generally focus on clients with annual revenues of $20 million to $500 million. Our local delivery model, coupled with the firm’s global resources, allows us to provide clients with customized, comprehensive solutions and exceptional service.
Within our Specialized Industries practice, we have experts strategically focused on serving businesses within a variety of industry segments, including, but not limited to: Agribusiness, Government, Healthcare and Technology. By employing our industry expertise we can deliver comprehensive financial solutions that are tailored to industry dynamics and standards.
In MMBSI, our competitive advantages include robust international capabilities, the ability to provide clients with access to world-class investment banking solutions and our focus on industry specialization. This key differentiator, combined with our dedication to personalized service, allows us to build long-term relationships with mid-sized businesses and a wide spectrum of municipalities and not-for-profit entities.
As a Client Service Analyst for MMBSI, you will report to a Client Service Sr. Associate or Client Service Manager. You will be responsible for various relationship management activities and operational controls for an assigned portfolio of clients. In this role, you will serve as the primary point of service contact for each client within your assigned portfolio. The assigned client portfolio may be comprised of operating transactional accounts and complex treasury products. Core functional responsibilities and expectations include but are not limited to the following:
- Understand client issues, be responsible for providing timely follow-up to clients and be accountable for client satisfaction through the ownership of the problem
- Resolve issues by identifying underlying or hidden problems and patterns
- Build knowledge of commercial treasury management products and services.
- Serve as a liaison between Relationship team, Operations, Treasury Management Sales and Implementations to provide the best service to the client, your department and the firm
- Identify and control risk to prevent fraudulent account behavior and potential fraud exposure
- Prioritize daily workload to maximize productivity utilizing time management and organizational skills
- Follow all established policies, procedures and practices
- Project a confident and professional presence to our clients, other bank departments and the community
- Team building skills and interpersonal relationship skills
- Desire to exceed client expectations
- Expected to work independently with supervision and escalate complex issues as necessary to resolve customer requests in a timely manner
Daily activities will include but are not limited to the following:
- Maintaining treasury products and accounts
- Research and resolution of customer’s treasury inquiries
- Preparing and collecting account documentation
- Managing internal project initiatives for your portfolio of clients
- Participate in joint client calls with Bankers and Treasury Sales Officers both in person and over the phone
- Over time you will be expected to be able to identify products and services that may benefit clients and improve overall relationship profitability
The final officer title and job grade is at the discretion of the firm and will be discussed at the time of offer. It may be different than what is listed on the requisition based on candidate experience level.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Relentless and versatile learner with an aptitude for assimilating new industry, company, product or technical knowledge
- Highly organized with ability to manage competing priorities
- Demonstrated, consistent professional presence with the ability to adapt to evolving needs and situations.
- College degree preferred, or equivalent work experience
- Preferred minimum of one to three years of customer service, operations, sales or portfolio management experience, preferably with work experience primarily in banking or the financial service industry.
- Proficient PC skills including Word, Excel and PowerPoint