Corporate Finance: Firmwide Financial Accounting & Reporting - CIB - Markets – Associate
The Firmwide Financial Accounting & Reporting organization is responsible for the accuracy, integrity and timeliness of the Firm’s books and records, while providing reporting to both internal and external clients.
The organization closely examines the general ledger, operating systems and infrastructure controls across the entire lifecycle of the business to ensure the firm’s financial information is accurately depicted for reporting and regulation purposes. This financial information is used by analysts to assess the firm’s financial position; by management to make sound financial decisions; by investors to make informed decisions; and by regulators to supervise and examine the firm appropriately.
The most common functions and activities owned by Firmwide Financial Accounting and Reporting (FFAR) include but are not limited to the following: financial analysis, consolidation, reporting, balance sheet reconciliation/certification/substantiation, general ledger reconciliation reporting & governance, inter-entity control and governance, manual accounting/bookings to the general ledger and operating systems, and executing the month end close process.
• Manage the monthly consolidation of JPMorgan Chase income statement and balance sheet
• Develop and maintain financial reports and schedules
• Control post-closing entries and consolidation adjustments
• Perform various control procedures to ensure the integrity of reported financial results
• Participate in all aspects of the production of the monthly financial Flash Report
• Support ad-hoc requests for financial information received from across the firm
• Work closely with the line of business controllers, middle office and operations areas to understand the operational impact of trading strategies and settlement practices for the businesses globally
• Work with various areas to research, escalate, and clear cash and settlement exceptions in a timely manner
• Work with the businesses and controllers to understand and sign off on monthly profit and loss
• Complete monthly general ledger reconciliation process
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Excellent organizational, problem-solving skills, negotiation and analytical skills
• Excellent desktop/spreadsheet/database skills
• Ability to work well under pressure and balance multiple priorities
• Ability to build and maintain partnerships within the various product aligned businesses and across other corporate groups
• Ability to understand business drivers and requirements and influence others to deliver solutions
• Ability to critically challenge with the goal of identifying control issues
• Ability to quickly understand workings of a complex processing system and general ledger systems across the infrastructure and their interrelationships and dependencies
• Aptitude for learning and leveraging systems and data flows
• Basic understanding of the firm’s products
• Basic experience with a financial consolidation and reporting system (i.e. SAP interface)
• In-depth knowledge of industry standards and regulations
• 3-5 years accounting or industry experience
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business (or equivalent experience)
• CPA license beneficial in some FFAR roles but not required
***Note: This role requires compliance with the Firm’s Consecutive Leave Policy. The policy requires certain employees in sensitive positions to be out of the office for a specified period each calendar year. Please ask the recruiter or hiring manager for additional details***
Please note that J.P. Morgan will not accept unsolicited approaches or speculative CVs, nor will J.P. Morgan be responsible for any related fees, from Third Party Firms who are not preferred suppliers.
The firm invites all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities.
If you are a US or Canadian applicant with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, please contact us by calling (US and Canada Only) 1-866-777-4690. Please indicate the specifics of the assistance needed.