Who are we?
We are a team of data scientists within the Corporate & Investment Bank, focused on using advanced machine learning techniques to find new growth opportunities, drive efficiencies in our businesses and better serve our clients and markets. We work closely with the sales & trading businesses to identify potential opportunities to drive transformation through advanced analytics and enrich the sales process as well as client experience on digital platforms. Given the cross-asset nature of our role, we work with a wide range of proprietary financial datasets – both structured and unstructured, internal as well as external/alternative datasets. Our mission is to leverage these diverse datasets to build impactful, innovative machine learning solutions that drive client engagement and revenue. What would you be doing?
As an Associate you would:
- Research, implement and test machine learning models to solve problems
- Survey literature to understand how existing techniques could be used/adapted; develop new techniques as needed
- Propose different modeling solutions and systematically test them; develop ongoing model monitoring processes
- Develop modular, scalable code that can be leveraged across the team and where applicable by the broader ML community at JPMorgan
- Communicate results to stakeholders and the broader team through presentations and technical papers
- Work with product and technology teams to deliver solutions to production
As a VP you would (in addition to the above):
- Proactively drive exploratory discussions with business stakeholders for new data science products
- Provide thought leadership around new techniques being published in the external ML research community
- Drive best practices for rigorous, reproducible research and reusable code
- Manage communication with stakeholders
- Manage and own data science products through the lifecycle of conception, implementation, testing and delivery
- Coach and mentor junior members on the team
What do you need?
- Opportunity to innovate and drive measurable commercial value in an industry that is being transformed by machine learning
- Collaborate with a highly skilled and passionate team with diverse experiences (technology, finance, academia) and specializations (NLP, Bayesian statistics)
- Stay sharp and keep learning! Attend and publish at academic and industry conferences; Participate and learn from our internal talk series and study groups where data scientists across teams share their work/personal projects/interesting papers
About J.P. Morgan Corporate & Investment Bank
- Masters or Ph.D. in Computer Science, Statistics, Operations Research or other quantitative fields
- Experience in research, development and evaluation of machine learning models to solve problems
- Proficiency in Python; technical skills in data preparation for analysis
- Experience with deep learning frameworks such as Tensorflow/Torch and using open source packages for ML/NLP
- Ability to write clean, scalable, production-ready code
- Ability to communicate technical concepts and results to a non-technical audience and a keen interest in understanding business requirements
- Expertise in Natural Language Processing, Deep Learning, Reinforcement Learning, Recommender systems or financial markets is a plus
J.P. Morgan is a premier corporate and investment bank with a full suite of global financial services and capabilities. The world’s most important corporations, governments, financial institutions, pensions, sovereign wealth organizations, states and municipalities entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. We offer strategic advice, lend money, raise capital, help manage risk, extend liquidity, buy and sell securities and provide many other banking services in markets around the world.